Make game goal instead of time orientated

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Make game goal instead of time orientated

Post by SnakeBite »

As subject says. I believe this will encourage more competitive play. I do not think it should be a stat goal such as a certain ammount of exp or kills ect but rather something like building a certain route, owning plannets or something not 2 sure on this point. I also believe this would prevent a game from going stale like last.
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Make game goal instead of time orientated

Post by Incognito »

I think this would be a cool idea. Maybe have more than 1 goal. That way different playing styles would have a chance to win.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Interesting concept. Has potential maybe not for a normal game, but special games for sure.

Something along the lines of capture the flag.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i like that idea.. and like for rankings you will see the alliances, and almost like the trade bar and can see how close the game is to ending

and then maybe you will be able to see how many planets are owned by them, or money they have, all on the state page.. so it would stir up war as you can see they have 3 planets etc.
ImageImage
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

We've talked about this quite a bit and I can't find the original discussion. We had brought up multiple types of games (king of the hill, capture the flag, free for all, galaxy wars) for this exact reason...
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I strongly agree with making the games goal oriented, it will spare us rounds that should have died weeks ago, but keep going because it still has 3 - 4 weeks left on the timer.

But, I strongly suggest that we have a map stash if we go in this direction, because some rounds will end early.