Allow purchase of Racial galaxies & Neutral only

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Allow purchase of Racial galaxies & Neutral only

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I'd also like to limit what maps can be bought, personally, I'd say racials only, that way everything else still needs to be scouted
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

I'd settle for it if auto-mapping were taken entirely out of the game somehow; those programs have their places but not to do work for us.

Buying racial galaxies should be allowed, yes. Maybe even neutrals, since you'd still need to scout to get any useful information. But planet galaxies should be considered the "fringe" areas - they need to be seen to believed, or something along those lines.

But back on topic. I like this change although I might get it to "normal" prosperity a little earlier - say one week or ten days in rather than the two weeks + being proposed here. I'm assuming this function, like turn speed and building speed, would be affected by the game speed.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Allow purchase of Racial galaxies & Neutral only

Post by RCK »

Requires discussion (chopped from another suggestion)
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I like the idea. Exploring should bring advantages. I think you should either have to step in a sector or have it shared, in order to know whats there. Do away with buying maps IMO. The only racial you should be able to buy, is your own.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

We're already looking at different pricing scheme based on 24,48,72 hour scale.

Purchase Galaxy Maps <24 hours --> 50 credits
Purchase Galaxy Maps <48 hours --> 40 credits
Purchase Galaxy Maps <72 hours --> 30 credits
Purchase Galaxy Maps >72 hours --> 20 credits
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

RCK wrote:We're already looking at different pricing scheme based on 24,48,72 hour scale.

Purchase Galaxy Maps <24 hours --> 50 credits
Purchase Galaxy Maps <48 hours --> 40 credits
Purchase Galaxy Maps <72 hours --> 30 credits
Purchase Galaxy Maps >72 hours --> 20 credits
purchasing maps that early is too much power for people with money IMO. Maps are crucial, and should be the benefit of people willing to use their turns to explore the sectors or have them shared by people who have. This creates segregated gaming. Buying maps, is just like buying turns, because exploring costs turns. maps=turns=power. Im against being able to buy power.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

On the flipside, this game still needs to generate revenue, Kard. As a compromise, I'd like to offer up increased exp gains for exploration and also implement that sliding map purchase scale, although I don't think maps should be purchasable for the first 48 hours at least. Also consider making map purchase by galaxy, with the neutrals costing more than the racials.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

25% discount on racial, unable to purchase Planet galaxies.? And use the pricing above minus the <24 hours