Various Ideas (Bars/Planets/Other)

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Various Ideas (Bars/Planets/Other)

Post by RCK »

Azool wrote: ----- = explanation

Bars
-Owned
-More Games
-----Bars will be able to be owned and will support more game types (more poker, and other fun games)...possibly a system link type thing between bars.
Only real change here is Player/alliance owned bars, some tweaks to current games should be fine.
Azool wrote: Shot Stats
-----Each player will have a section where they can review their stats...ie...Azool (Death Cruiser) attacked MrSpock (Eater of Souls) and did 500 damage. 5 of 5 weapons hit. MrSpock returned fire and did 40 damage. 1 of 6 weapons hit. || You were attacked by Lotus (Thevian Assualt Craft). The newb missed with all his weapons and did 0 damage. You (Eater of Souls) returned fire and did 1000 damage.
Would allow more p vs p statistics, discuss.
Azool wrote: Remote Scouts
-Detonate
-On
-Off
-----You will be able to detonate scouts (possibly dealing damage), turn scouts off/on from a distance. This is to stop getting annoying scout messages that you can not reach for some reason. It also reduces server lag hopefully.
Useful, not sure.... Discuss

Azool wrote: Agents
-----Agents will be able to give you missions/quests to improve various stats (not decided and not discussed very much so this one is pretty vague)
Ties in with missions etc.
Azool wrote: Demo Account
-----Newbies will have a chance to try out SMR before they sign up. This account will of course be limited so as to stop abuse by already registered players.
Including because I'm not sure if its worth the hassle or not, registration needs streamlined though.
Azool wrote: Evade Scouts
-Stealth Skill
-Detection Skill
-----There will be a chance that you will not pings scouts. How you gain/lose this ability is not yet determined. If Player A's detection is higher than Player B's stealth, Player B will ping Player A (with a possible random factor)
This was based on a SMR2 stat, but might be able to be adapted in some way to SMR
Azool wrote: Multiple Warnings for Newb Raiding
-----Newbies will be warned multiple times before raiding a port.
Good idea

Azool wrote: IRC integration
-----Scout messages and news sent directly to you while you are in IRC.
I'm on the fence on this one, maybe as a pay feature.
Azool wrote: Force Display/Ping speed up
-----Currently it is very laggy to walk past a sector with 30 forces. We will possibly change the display of forces so they are group and therefore less to display and therefore less load time.
Not sure how much lag there is any more... would require testing.

Azool wrote: Galactic Post
-Better Formatting
-Contact Writers
--Individual
--Global
-Search GP Writer Stats
-Message Board
-----Galactic Post will be more adapted to the editors choices. Basically giving the editor more power with GP.
More tools for editor is a good thing.
Azool wrote: Auto Pilot
-----Allow players to set auto pilot after plotting a course. This will move them sector by sector every x seconds. The process will break if they enter a mined sector.
Discuss
Azool wrote: Game Types
-Chaos
-Race Wars
-Semi Wars
-Regular CTF
-Infantry CTF
-Plant the Bomb
-Championship
-Tournament
-Alliance Wars
-Targeted Killing
-Kill of the Hill
-Control the Zones
-Randomness
-Mine Wars??
-Golden Gun
-10 Man Alliances
-Space Quest
-Wing Commander
-Death Maze
-The Hunt
-Jump Gate
-----See Community board for more details.
Havnt been able to find any references to these in other places.. might require a rehash of the idea based on title
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Various Ideas (Bars/Planets/Other)

Post by Holti »

Azool wrote:
Shot Stats
-----Each player will have a section where they can review their stats...ie...Azool (Death Cruiser) attacked MrSpock (Eater of Souls) and did 500 damage. 5 of 5 weapons hit. MrSpock returned fire and did 40 damage. 1 of 6 weapons hit. || You were attacked by Lotus (Thevian Assualt Craft). The newb missed with all his weapons and did 0 damage. You (Eater of Souls) returned fire and did 1000 damage.

Would allow more p vs p statistics, discuss.
War gamers love to compare/contrast stats. I'm cool with the idea.
Remote Scouts
-Detonate
-On
-Off
-----You will be able to detonate scouts (possibly dealing damage), turn scouts off/on from a distance. This is to stop getting annoying scout messages that you can not reach for some reason. It also reduces server lag hopefully.
I see this adding another strategic element in it - say, if a fleet is clearing your forces, and you're sitting elsewhere in the universe, you can detonate the scouts and do damage to the fleet. the NPC scout pings drive some players crazy (Jouldax, for one), being able to turn them off and on would be useful for those players.
Agents
-----Agents will be able to give you missions/quests to improve various stats (not decided and not discussed very much so this one is pretty vague)

Ties in with missions etc.
As stated in previous threads, I like the idea of adding missions to the game.
Azool wrote:
Demo Account
-----Newbies will have a chance to try out SMR before they sign up. This account will of course be limited so as to stop abuse by already registered players.

Including because I'm not sure if its worth the hassle or not, registration needs streamlined though.
My newbie game idea is along these lines.
Azool wrote:
Multiple Warnings for Newb Raiding
-----Newbies will be warned multiple times before raiding a port.

Good idea
I agree. Newbies are pretty naive ;)
RC integration
-----Scout messages and news sent directly to you while you are in IRC.

I'm on the fence on this one, maybe as a pay feature.
I dont' think it will unbalance anything, and would give those in less active alliances more of a boost. Because as it stands now, your fellow alliance mates will state in IRC "hey, someone pinged my scout"
Galactic Post
-Better Formatting
-Contact Writers
--Individual
--Global
-Search GP Writer Stats
-Message Board
-----Galactic Post will be more adapted to the editors choices. Basically giving the editor more power with GP.

More tools for editor is a good thing.
Agreed. Especially about better formatting, I know Seldum has struggled with the layout.
Azool wrote:
Auto Pilot
-----Allow players to set auto pilot after plotting a course. This will move them sector by sector every x seconds. The process will break if they enter a mined sector.

Discuss
Not sure about this one - wouldn't this make them more vulnerable to hunters? Admittedly, I like *click* *click* *click* :P
Azool wrote:
Game Types
-Chaos
-Race Wars
-Semi Wars
-Regular CTF
-Infantry CTF
-Plant the Bomb
-Championship
-Tournament
-Alliance Wars
-Targeted Killing
-Kill of the Hill
-Control the Zones
-Randomness
-Mine Wars??
-Golden Gun
-10 Man Alliances
-Space Quest
-Wing Commander
-Death Maze
-The Hunt
-Jump Gate
-----See Community board for more details.
I'm in favor of doing different game styles in different rounds to keep the game fresh (as mentioned before in an admin thread)