Championship game type (again)

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Azool
SMR Coder

Championship game type (again)

Post by Azool »

Okay here are some ideas...

Game starts...players are put into random alliances.
Alliances (probably 8 alliances)each have their own galaxy to start in and that is where they trade and gain exp.
Maybe let traders choose if they want to start in a warbird(if they decide to fight in this they will probably have little exp) or a trader(who can buy a warbird later for the tounrey), this speeds up the start of the game a little, so that they can PR to make better routes and better exp for the traders or trade the routes to make money...also maybe let them start with 2mil or so for unoing for PRs.

Each alliance has to pick 3 players to compete.
10 minutes before the tourney starts a warp opens up that allows those 3 players to enter (gal size=100?). There will be 2 alliances (6 players) per round.
Once the tourney starts they can move around the galaxy.
Their 4 choices for moving will be random sectors in the galaxy. For example...player 1 can move to sectors 2,67,89,and 123. Player 2 can move to 5,52,45,and 63 and so on. When they refresh current sector these change.
Have "power-ups" scattered around. These power-ups can be anything from shields to weapons to accuracy increases.

The last alliance with a member left wins and moves onto the next round (in 10 minutes? 3 more days?)

Three different players can fight in different rounds but are not required to.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

i like my idea ;)
but didn't got the sector thing.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Championship game type (again)

Post by RCK »

Requires discussion
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

If we can get it coded I think we should do it.

We absolutely need to have more game types to freshen up the game and which can be run as needed.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I also support different game styles in different rounds to keep the game fresh and the players thinking (isnt' that why we play?)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I would be for this completely, it would be interesting plus people would play with others too :)
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all