Random thoughts

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Random thoughts

Post by Anarchos »

Racial planets: - from a believability standpoint: no planets in a racial galaxy doesn't make any sense. I mean where do people live? What does make sense ~ Level 70 prebuilt planets with a federally racial fleet around them.

1). This idea might seem lame, but... The Federal Fleet surrounding the planet should be all FU's totally loaded to bear, with an Admiral in charge (to determine weapon accuracies etc.)

2). As a game programmer (for a link to my games: ask me) I feel this wouldn't be too hard to program.

3). Offers a new level of believability to the game

4). There'd be all types of alignment and bounty repercussions on everyone involved in even attempting to bust the planet.

5). We can expand on this idea or shoot it down.

Corporations. - This opens up...

1). Trade, I mean how does the local "One-Stop-Weapons" gets it's weapons? Or the CA gets it's Combat Drones? None of the items shipped should be pre-assembled but, imagine the possibilities...

a). Experience points offered for delivering circuitry, ore and corporation classified technologies to shops.

b). Prices on weapons, cloaks, Illusion generators, etc. fluxuating by supply and demand.

c). Opens up the ability to hunt down the ships making deliveries to these establishments.

d). We have port development? Why not shop development? The exclusions would be the racial shipyard, and shops in Fed. Yes this means shops could be able to be raided as well. This restricts alliances from quickly building up to a PSF for money, or to immediately put their best hunters in ships with the top of the line weapons.

2). Corporate bounties.

Scout Drones - Challenging the Hunters... How about ships NOT ONLY can carry X amount of scout drones, but can only have that same X amount of scout drones active at all times?

1). A ship can carry it's max payload of scout drones, but the script would check to see how many scout drones are active and subtract that number from the maximum active total to get a new variable Y. Now that new variable Y equals the maximum amount of Scout Drones a ship can deploy... This means that ia ship rated at 50 scout drones, can have 50 scout drones active in sectors, and 50 more scout drones attached to it, but can only deploy another Scout when they have 49 or less scout drones still active in sectors.

a). Example: Trader SoAndSo's ship can only hold 15 Scout Drones that means his ship can only keep an active monitoring on a total of 15 scout drones... So SoAndSo puts 15 SD's out in space and picks up 15 more SD's on his ship. His ship won't allow him to deploy anymore scout drones at this moment. However I fly by and shoot one of his Scouts. Now his ship will allow him to deploy another scout drone.
...Tag Line Not Included...
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Better late than never....

Racial Planets - I don't see how this would add to the game-the strength of SMR is in its community and the player interacting with each other, not in attacking sitting ducks.

That said, if we did something like this it would have to be balanced so that large alliances could not abuse them-e.g. maybe make it so alliances can only have one racial planet, and cannot attack more than one federal fleet. I don't like the idea, but I'm just one voice in a sea of many :).

Corporations - a very interesting idea. I really don't like the idea of shop development-again, a lot of this would depend on how it's balanced. Another thing for alliances with galaxies to take advantage of.

Corporate bounties-hell, why not. It only makes sense to have a third party that puts bounties on people.

Scout Drones-excellent idea, although ship balance would need to be considered in light of this.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Random thoughts

Post by RCK »

Requires further discussion

I like the concept of Racial Planets, though as RO mentioned, balancing would be an issue.

Corporations, this would slow the round starts considerably i think and would (as stated) mean no putting your top trader into the best ship from the start (I'd leave racials the exception to this, which would give skants an advantage).
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Random thoughts

Post by jouldax »

I do like the concept of progressive development in the round, though. It would be pretty neat to have things in the game develop based on the trading and hunting activity in the area, with the rest of the map developing on a linear, slower base so that the map is truly evolving over time. Sounds like a bit of a coding nightmare though.