Force expiration

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well for a single I'd suggest a life of 4 hours or so, but I agree that single mines left around in the middle of nowhere is just annoying
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

But that takes the whole idea out of single mining for a strategic advantage
Orca
Quiet One

Post by Orca »

did you ever think about what you did to the scout drones when you changed this?

its long ago, i know... but in old times we had last forces very long, no matter what they consisted of (with the know problems, ok...)

when you adjusted the expiration times based on the amount of mines you forgot the balance of ships and scout drones they carry...
you cut down the lifetime of a scout to 1/5th (or 1/4th whatever), but you did not give the ships (PSF, IST, FU and all those ships that only have little scout drone capacity) 5 times the scout drone capacity (which would not balance it out, but just to give you an idea what you did!)

so i suggest here:

if the stack has (scout) drones only, have its lifetime set to 4 days.
if it has mines (and even just a tiny little single!) have the expiration like we have it now, based on total amount of forces in stack.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I have been suggesting a seperate expiration for single scouts ever since expiration was changed, I agree wholeheartedly.
castel
Quiet One

Post by castel »

Isn't the main problem here the amount of turns it costs to 'clear' all the singles on your path? The damage it gives your follower is good, for seeding the time is ok, for using it to scout it's fine. But all the turns it takes to just simply get to your target is a bit unbalanced i think. Maybe take a look at it that way and adjust the amount of turns it costs to run over a singles field?
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

To Castel: You suck.

Seriously tho squirrelman has a point. Weren't there previous discussions on the turns used to get hit by a mines? like 1 or so for 1-10, 2 for 11-30, 3 for 31-50? I think it would be the ideal solution.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

Down with Scout drones! Single Scout drones suck. And single mines should expire within 15 minutes in my opinion

(I don't use scout drones so I have no educated opinion on their expiration, but I do love using mines and do use them as frequently as possible and from my experience you shouldn't even need them for the 15 minutes time limit I want set).
...Tag Line Not Included...
Truth-dead
Quiet One

So...

Post by Truth-dead »

You would rather lay singles to go hunt. Then every 13 min go refresh all those singles? Not all people use Scouts when hunting. Me for one. I use Mines only because of the MS's capabilities.
Cowards die many times before their deaths.
The valiant taste of death only once.
Its strange that men shall fear something,
that shall come when it shall come.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Re: So...

Post by Anarchos »

Truth wrote:You would rather lay singles to go hunt. Then every 13 min go refresh all those singles? Not all people use Scouts when hunting. Me for one. I use Mines only because of the MS's capabilities.
No I don't single mine areas, I just drop them when 1) being pursued by someone or someones who have been pounding my ship and 2). Dropping them IS on my target.
...Tag Line Not Included...
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well I've used mines as scouts a few times, and I think anything around a few hours (like 4) is just fine. Stacks with scouts should last as long as those scout drones do
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will