Force expiration

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Force expiration

Post by Grey »

Damn tired of single mines? You know you are...

So how about a new force expiration formula that only let single mines live for a couple of hours? Something along the line of
#scouts*12 hours+#CD/10*12 hours+mines/10*2 hours. Minimum should be one or two hours and max 120 like now.
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

/me wonders why this post was made 10 minutes after hitting RRs singles he left there 20 minutes before you came :P
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Don't have to wonder. I hit singles and got mad. Now look at the idea and tell me what you think.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

we already have an expiration based on the number of forces. your suggestion just makes a differentiation between the types.
have you considered that a single mine would live 20minutes but with an additional scout it would last 12 hours and 20 minutes. is that what you really wants? IMHO it would dramatically increase life time of most single mines?
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Well ok I came up with the formula in 2 minutes. Might need some work. But basically I wouldn't mind if single scouts last a while.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

single scouts are not the problem. i think 'single' mines combined with a single scout will be.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I like the idea. 2 hours lets the singles do their job (assuming attempting to slow down someone you are chasing) but they are not around long enough to ;) off someone passing by a day later...
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

you could even have the formula based off of a certain force...ie if you have a single scout and single mine the expiration depends only on the mine. If you have a scout and a cd it depends on the amount of cds. So a single scout would last something like 12 hours and a single mine would last 20 minutes but both together only last 20 minutes.

Something like that chain being only as strong as the weakest link thingy :)
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

I understand hitting singles is annoying..I hit them alot too...But some ships use them as scouts..seeding..ect and at 6-7 tph redoing them every couple hrs is a :D harse :P
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

A few singles laying around from people who use them as scouts for hunting or leftovers from people trying to get a kill is IMO not that big a problems. If anything the problem is using singles as defence. That is, not spending cash on minefields, but just having a massive amount of singles to drain turns. That IMO can be anoying, but on the other side its a kind of defence if you don't have huge amounts of cash.
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH