Decoy Drones

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Decoy Drones

Post by RCK »

How about decoy drones!

Not sure what ships should have them, maybe ones without scouts or something..
anyway, basic principle would be that you can launch a decoy drone, which in the event that there was a scout drone in the same sector would say that you had left.

Mainly this would be an interesting feature that might add some excitment for both traders and hunters alike.

Cost for these drones would have to be high, and not sure again what ships would carry them... hell maybe you could even make it a specific races technology... like alaskant :)

anyway, just another one of my crazy ideas....
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

worth thinking about but it would need to selfdestruct for some unknown reason :shock:
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Another Crazy idea ;)

Post by RCK »

Requires discussion.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Decoy Drones

Post by jouldax »

I'm all for adding in misleading technology, but I'm not sure how these would fit in, who would carry them, and what purpose they would actually serve. Would you be able to drop them to draw fire from an enemy ship (chaff)? Would they look like CD's but explode like mines? Do they serve any purpose other than to bolster the sector scan?
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Not sure the who/what.

But the basic principle would be you would launch one from your ship and have a % chance of any scouts IS with you saying you had left the sector even if you hadnt... least i think that was the idea behind it...
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

RCK wrote:Not sure the who/what.

But the basic principle would be you would launch one from your ship and have a % chance of any scouts IS with you saying you had left the sector even if you hadnt... least i think that was the idea behind it...
Lay off the smack so you can remember your own ideas, noob.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 pm <--- do you remember what you were doing in Dec 05? :P My oldest would have been 4 months old... doubt i was sleeping much :)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

RCK wrote:Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 pm <--- do you remember what you were doing in Dec 05? :P My oldest would have been 4 months old... doubt i was sleeping much :)
I always remember all my ideas, so there