New Technology

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: New Technology

Post by Holti »

I was also curious about weaponry - it seems that only a handful of weapons are actually used, too. Should we consider eliminating the mostly unused ones or modifying them to make them more useful?
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Well, this is something I was working on, to rebalance all of the weapons by power level, essentially making them all useful to some degree. We can't eliminate too many weapons because people without peace still need to be able to arm. With that said, a bunch of the neutral weapons could probably go, and maybe some of the lower powered racial ones as well.
Truth

Post by Truth »

Scout/Scanner jammer (causes scouts to send inaccurate information or scanners to read higher/lower scans) and Alskant Technology. They are a trading race and would have this type of tech to run from hunters that are around.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I like it
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Out of these i don't like a lot of them except for certain weapons to use on ports/planets

What this does is gives a alliance more room to form strategy when busting ports/planets. Is it worth the turns to arm that way and risk hindering yourself if another fleet comes by?.. Some cases it will be. Maybe a alliance will decide to only have 5 ships arm with all planet/port weapons.

If this were to be done maybe have it do +200% damage to ports/planet -50% damage to players. That way it gives a huge benefit to grab the weapons but doesn't totally make you useless against enemy ships but enough that in a fleet fight it will hurt enough.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

I like ideas of technology, but expended a bit more than how it currently is implemented. Allow ships ability to install modules... maybe give them power supply for modules and give modules power rating kind of like weapons... Then the modules could be balanced and combined. We could even rework some of the older techs to function as modules also, or mega modules, as the new modules should provide smaller benefits(like +5% here, +10% there). Stuff that could be covered by these could be reduce damage to shields or armor, increased accuracy for projectile weapons, increased damage of laser weapons (this would also mean adding a classification to weapons), increase trading profit, increase turn gain, reduce force damage taken.... you get the idea.

Modules could also be tied into new game functions. Instead of just buying them, they could either be manufactured, or acquired as a bonus for missions, or found on planets and some obscure sectors via artifact hunting or salvage. Maybe even give them as drops from NPCs?