Long Range Missiles

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I liked the missile as something to look forward in the latter part of the game... Currently, the end of the game is about bringing a fleet onto another fleet and seeing how many deaths you can cause.... everyone has level 70s so busting planets is costly to both the alliance and to the alliance's XP.....

Imagine killing an entire enemy parked fleet without losing a single ship..... this has been done before (e.g. when fleets park in open space) but the missile would allow this to happen when the fleet is on a planet as well...

Reducing it to a simple weapon takes away the amazingness of this idear..
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

what happens about instead of hurting shields or armor, it would take away a weapon at random
ImageImage
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

thats a good idea....
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

i don't understand....
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Purify wrote:i don't understand....
Well what my idea was, was to have a weapon, that only fired if you were a couple sectors out, 1 or 2 sectors out. and instead of being a normal weapon, that would hit the enemies shield or armor, it would instead go after the weapons.

but this weapon would take 5/10 seconds to attack, and if the person moves out of the sector before the missle fires, then the missile will miss
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Long Range Missiles

Post by JettJackson »

more discussion needed
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Long Range Missiles

Post by jouldax »

Weapons-disabling attacks would certainly have to be more thought out. I like the idea as a concept, but I'm not sure who would be able to fire it and how you would even know what you were shooting at. I think we had talked about a long-range scanner at one point, which is a topic I still think merits further discussion.

I'd love to see something like this implemented on planets as a defense system too.