Long Range Missiles

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
stabber
Quiet One

Post by stabber »

at 500 mill a pop i dont see a whole lot of missles being built. So for you to say make a whole lot of missles and spam the enemy. I dont see that happening. You would have ship fights still going on, mines to replace, so on so forth. An alliance for the most part would not be able to sit back and just build missles.
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

yea I'd expect most major alliances to have 1 MAYBE 2 missiles at best.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

stabber wrote:at 500 mill a pop i dont see a whole lot of missles being built. So for you to say make a whole lot of missles and spam the enemy. I dont see that happening. You would have ship fights still going on, mines to replace, so on so forth. An alliance for the most part would not be able to sit back and just build missles.
Shady_FA wrote: yea I'd expect most major alliances to have 1 MAYBE 2 missiles at best.
Agreed. There are actually 3 strong limits going on... cost ($500 million), time to build (10-14 days), and location (level 70 planets only).

Look at the current game as an example...only a few alliances have the cash and level 70 planets, and with 4 weeks left in the game they could only get one missile built, maybe 2 or 3 if they put all their cash into it, but that would leave them penniless for anything else.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I still like this idea, maybe something to try in beta someday.
that which pods you makes you stronger
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

i think it would be interesting to try. or perhaps a similar missile, but on a smaller scale (lower cost, lower damage)....or a missle where the range + damage depend on how much money + time you put into it. that way you could make a short range missle close to the warp to kill some people camping, or spend 2 weeks to hit a lvl 70 across the universe.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Yeah this is a nice idea. I also think that it would be nice if it was like 500mill bonded as if an alliance claimed the 70 while building it then they would get the planet with the half completed misile still going as for as it had gotten.
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

i still like this ideal as well
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Let's talk about this idea again..... i kinda like it better than barracades and i think it could be tweaked to be something really cool....
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

The way i see it:

Any planet can build a missile, however, it can only build Planet Generators, Hangars or Turrets OR parts of the missile.... not both at once...

The missile should have components like Missile Generators, Hangars and Turrets that take the same amount of time / resources as planet generators hangars resources..... say 100 Generators 50 hangars and 15 turrets?..... these would also have to be stocked like the planet, (however shields/drones cannot be transfered from the missile only to the missile), and would be used to fire against or defend (in shields case) against attacking enemy ships...... the ships should get hurt by the missile but if 10 attack there should be no pod....

There should be further components like a Propostion system and the weapon itself that would have to be built as well..... these components would obviously take the bulk of the time/resources to complete...

If the planet with a weapon on it is popped..... the weapon is destroyed and the 'level of the weapon? destroyed' is shown in the popping shot....

The weapon itself will only fire in the target sector.... if it is destroyed using ships or forces it will not fire and just blow up...

All enemy mines in a sector explode against the missile with maximum damage... 50 stack 1000 shields.... all drones/scouts in the stack with the mines are destroyed by the turrets.... all unmined stacks are left alone....

So far, with this type of missile i don't see any loopholes to be abused... but.... i may be blind.... will think of more stuff later, like actual numbers...
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

what happens if there was a weapons where you could attack a player from a couple sector out. but the only thing, is that it would take 5-10 seconds to fire on the oponet, so the opponet would have time to move. on top, it would be a new flash icon saying a missle is goign to hit you in x amount of seconds.
ImageImage