Thevian AC Love?

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
olaf
Quiet One

Thevian AC Love?

Post by olaf »

Can we get some discussion going on balancing this races warship. Its a joke as it stands. Who would go Thevian over WQ human?

So let me get this straight. I can have cloak, a harder hitting lvl 4 shield weapon (with less accuracy), and access to combat drones -OR- one extra turn and no CD's or cloak.

Is it really supposed to be like this? Am I the only one that sees anything wrong here?
CREATOR of NONSENSE
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

cara = blockade runner x 20?
Kerkem
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Cara = good for 2 weeks unless you're mining or killing fledgling IST's.

It's funny that you posted this because me and my ignorant room-mate (won't tell you his name) ..were just having this argument.. The WQ wep really screwed things up..and he still thinks it should be 225 shield dmg instead of 200.

People played WQ before this, they didn't get much peace but they aren't really a peace reliant race with their technology,etc. Where as Thevian is fairly peace reliant for a good setup..

This is also why every WQ goes evil, and part of the reason we are trying to figure out the infulx of evil players vs. good..

There needs to be a balance otherwise Thevian is gonna end up having no players..Sure the TPH is good, and I also like going a race that has fewer traders...But the cloak and the 200 shield dmg weapon far outway THev's advantages.

Also I don't even remember who made the post about BR vs Cara but they're not even in the same shipclass.. BR is a very good ship to trade in, and look how many kills Smor even got in one this game ;-)
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

cara is better than you think.

and cara + HBC is waayyyy better than you think.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Guess the Tac is geting 13tph!
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

People want the ships of the same class to be more alike in the name of "equality" or "balance". IMO they should be more different than they are now.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

I agree--difference is what makes you want to play them and specialize in them. If you want normal ships--everyone should just play in a PSF all round and you can complain later.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Both of you guys are right. There should be more difference in ships. Like some high in shields / low in armor, others high in armor / low in shields. Some balanced ships equal in shields and armor, also mix up the HPs on some of the ships. I am all for making it so that if you don't have the right weapon setup for attacking a different style ship you could find yourself in the pod.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

I say make Cara 12 tph and TAC back to 11 :)
Go thevians!
Though thevians main backside is no forces on their TR and WQ don't really have any real hunter class ship, even though BR is a good planet ship, works for both stocking and defending.
But as for DM vs TAC DM is better.
Thevian also got the Expediter for an early trader while WQ got rogue which is an alot worse trader and costs 2 mil.
=)

It takes one to be one!
olaf
Quiet One

Post by olaf »

Exactly. DM has cloak and one less turn but it will beat a TAC most of the time.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy but its awful being thevian.
CREATOR of NONSENSE