Thevian AC Love?

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

why would you go Thevian???
For speed.
On current 1.25 game speed, in TAC you wait for full turns before an OP for 40 hours, assuming that you started from zero.
An EoS waits 57 hours while a Dev or MS has to wait for nearly 67 hours. If one is very active and never has enough turns (I know some people with this problem :) ) he'll want to go Thevian.

Though comparing with DM, lack of seeds really kills the TAC, and DM has both CDs and mines.
Use The Force(s)!
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

Thav still have the best evill setup around.... TSd with ppl and hptl out hits the wq weapon setup... Unless you are way high exp...
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Nij does.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

nij has good weps. thev has TSD, and many people prefer WQSV to TSD.

i like thevian b/c only then do i have enough turns. and its the only race where i have ever had a pos k:d
acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

Add a few drones to the TAC. More people will go thev because they can seed and with more people maybe better peace. Could try it a few games and see what happens.
olaf
Quiet One

Post by olaf »

So I think most people agree that some kind of balancing force needs to be added to the TAC. What can be done now?

How do I go about getting a vote on this issue? Or does it go to a committee?
CREATOR of NONSENSE
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

I don't think there is a problem with Thevian and I have played Thevians alot. There are pro's and cons, you can't just compare DM/TAC and TSD/WQSP.
=)

It takes one to be one!
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

Like HK said before, I agree that ships ought to be even further distanced than they are now. We shouldn't be able to directly compare 2 ships...DM/dessy/EoS/TAC (despite their respective techs or lack thereof) are pretty much the same...all around the same /def and with 6 HP, maybe some forces here and there.

Each race has their own specialties (which serves to differentiate them), and i think we ought to further exacerbate these differences, ships are too similar currently. TAC = DM, despite a cloak and a few mines...this shouldn't be happening.

And on the topic of TAC, I think it is fine. But were we to change it, even a slight speed boost might help. From my figurative understanding of the Thevian, they are supposed to e a faster hunting race, and I think they match that description well...so let it be.
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

i think you shud drop 2 hps and add 9 drones. would make it sweet as.
Kerkem
acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

I used http://www.smrealms.de/ship_list.php for my run down on relevent Thevian ships.

Thevian Expiditer 180 holds, 9 tph. No forces or hard points. Can trade, stock planets. Cannot shoot enemy scouts or seed.
Ambassador has 30 fewer holds but comes with jump, hard points, forces.
Leviathen, more holds and 100 mines and 25 scouts.
WQ Resistance is a poor first trader but WQ has the Rogue and the Blockade runner.
Drudge is much slower but with 250 holds, 2 hard points and some forces. A little bit cheaper first trader.

Thevian Carapace 11 tph, 5 hard points, excellent hunter with 50 scouts and with 100 mines can mine very well. 30 holds so not a good stocker/trader. Second only to ITAC. Cara is the main upside to going Thevian.

TAC has speed but cannot seed.

Thevian Shield Disperser is trumped by the more powerful WQ Human weapon.

Thevian is not an all around race and they don't have the best of anything in any one catagorie. That is why I would like to see the ability of the Thevian ships expanded a little.
Some ideals:
Expiditer: Add a hard point and some scouts.
TAC: Add 5 drones.

Expiditer would be an excellent planet stocker/builder and the TAC could seed.

To me being able to stock/seed in a Expiditer and seed in a TAC would be better than removing the WQ weapon.