Military Barricades and other stuff

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

STEBO48858 wrote:if you want a barricade why not set up a group of ships to block an entrance, to me this seems like the lazy mans defense to an op, if you cant counter the op on your own then you shouldnt be able to have a 'blockade' do it for you
Spending millions in cash and weeks of time is hardly "lazy".
that which pods you makes you stronger
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

I like this idea, needs a lot of tweaking. I do love that idea that the planet produces different goods at different levels. It gives more incentive to get a planet galaxy and hold it.

Maybe have those goods planets produce to be able to be sold to ports for huge cash sale, or possibly upgrades your ship (using the steel to mke your defense stronger ect.)

Very nice ideas HK
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Far from lazy. I am assuming the barricade can be destoryed before it is finished. So it will have levels like a port kind of up to level 9. A level 2 barricade would be like attacking a level 2 port and so on? Or less then a level 2 port? Also you can only have one barricade in a sector?

I like it, I would love to see something to make mines obsolete someday.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:Far from lazy. I am assuming the barricade can be destoryed before it is finished. So it will have levels like a port kind of up to level 9. A level 2 barricade would be like attacking a level 2 port and so on? Or less then a level 2 port? Also you can only have one barricade in a sector?

I like it, I would love to see something to make mines obsolete someday.
if it works like a port, then yes this is a good idea, but if it works like a planet where you can just build it like a planet then it wont work
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

JJ why do you say it wont work? you just cant say "no this wont work" then not elaborate.
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

yeh JJ
Kerkem
canff
Beta Tester

K first idea

Post by canff »

Level Shields CD'S Armor Turrets Build Time
1 1000 300 1000 15 3d
2 2000 400 2000 16 5d
3 5000 800 5000 18 7d
4 8000 1000 8000 20 8d
5 10000 1500 10000 25 10d
Total 33d

Level Damage ACC Goods
1 4050 60% TBA
2 4400 70% TBA
3 5200 80% TBA
4 6000 90% TBA
5 7750 95% TBA

Stations can be destroyed but build ability stays the same.. If you reach level 5, you can have the stations destroyed and build a new one in 10 days..

Station computers are made of a small core of computer mass that can't be destroyed so it keeps its upgrades.

How stations can be attacked when building or upgrading, a key option.

We want to make stations get stronger over time as upgrading that way they stay active..

And we need to work it so that level 1 station has something to attack or defend with when they start out ..

So we build by a % of how long it takes to build 100% over each hour of game play (60 min of game from server start time of build)

So we look at a level 1 port you take the total build time of 3 days and look at shields, put in a time per hour

So stations build with the game so a level 1 station will have 13 shields let?s say 4 cds and 13 armour after 1 hour of building. And will grow each hour of game time?that way stations are building all the time and flow with the game and can be attacked at any point in the game....

Now if a station is attacked and destroyed it goes to 0 defences for 12 hours, then if the goods are there starts to rebuild.

Now this means that someone could keep Station attacking and keeping you at level one if you don't defend them building, but when you hit your level they stay there, so turrets come back. And higher level ports come back faster then lower level ones. After attacks not in speed but just in number of shields cds and armour per hour. All turrets come on line at start of the build... So a level 1 after 1 hour will have 13 shields 4 cds and 13 armour and 15 turrets at 60 acc... So could kill a ship.... so do not take it light.... anf after each attacked port comes on line rebuilding defence all turrets are there...

All numbers are just a random idea and can be changed to what ever the game players likes...
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I think this suggestion should be combined with the long range missile idea from a while back. If we create a new defensive tool we should create a new offensive tool.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Kahless_ wrote:I think this suggestion should be combined with the long range missile idea from a while back. If we create a new defensive tool we should create a new offensive tool.
Now you're talkin!!
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=6183&start=0
that which pods you makes you stronger
Weasel_6768
Quiet One

Post by Weasel_6768 »

Canff I like a lot of what you said but we have to make sure these stations don't just build themselves. Also they are a barricade so when they are taken down there should be a minimum delay before they can be put back into effect. Something like 12 hour after they are destroyed before someone can come and start working on them again.