Suggestios for 1.0 and 1.5

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

another cool idea i thought would be cool is if you somone died in a sector,

the weapons will stay in that sector free to grab, but would only beable to grab one new weapon for each person you kill after you sell the other weapon you dont want

but this would make it so people could potentially just find weapons as they arm up and take a weapon from there.

idk just an idea.
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Re: Suggestios for 1.0 and 1.5

Post by Baalzamon »

Target wrote:
Jester- wrote:Maybe even make "quests" or a storyline to get the correct goods.
is anyone else old enough to remember sm's arms race? i don't really remember how it worked, but i think i remember parts of some type of weapon being scattered across the universe. and if you/your alliance (i don't remember) got all of the pieces together on a ship/planet (again, i don't remember) you got something. i seem to remember there being some type of reward or something.
I wasn't around for that, but I remember reading about it in various places, as well as talking to someone about it (Siege?)

Wasn't the reward like, cloaked FU the next round or something like that?
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I dunno.... most of these ideas add little quirks to the game (i've always thought more role playing / a quest should be added) but i think a change to the basic dynamics of the game is needed.....

What that is could be anything and serious discussion would have to be done about how it affects the different aspects of the game.... here is an example:

Fuel cells: Adding one more thing to buy for your ship.... like turns fuel cells could regenerate themselves over time, however when moving and especially when shooting you would lose fuel cells... different weapons could use different amounts of fuel cells when shot.... they could be bought at unos so easily found, however if your ship does not have enough fuel cells to support your weapon, the weapon will not fire..... as well if you do not have enough to move, you will be stuck until it regenerates... A PSF would use more fuel cells when moving and thus would have to buy more if they are using more than maybe 150 turns or so a trader would have to plan for a uno being near their route....

Not saying this is the change that needs to be made..... but a change in the overall dynamics of the game is what's needed, not some quirk that would make alliance planning more exciting for a few minutes....
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Thread on wall things that I was comparing jester's outpost idea to.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

There is HK's missile idea too, that was neat.

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=6183
-when there is a will there is a way
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Some of these ideas could be explored, the rest were 1.5 failures though

Needs more discussion
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Quests/Mission idea has been resurrected in the new suggestions forum. Someone port it here and we can talk about it.