Get rid of alliance combat logs or add delay

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

1 minute, heck, even half of a minute is enough.
Use The Force(s)!
Bonker
Beta Tester

Post by Bonker »

nah 3 minuits sounds about good if u want help use chat if u want to use it solo for ure logs then well im sure u can wait 3 minuits =)
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Big alliances will still use chat to give real time updates to alliance mates. Adding a delay will only hurt smaller alliances that aren't as coordinated.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

well so far i have only heard positive of a delay other than azool's point here, i really think this could work like the exp gain delay
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I don't know Azool... even small alliances should be communicating. Using IRC is not prohibited to them.
Use The Force(s)!
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Infinity wrote:I don't know Azool... even small alliances should be communicating. Using IRC is not prohibited to them.
They should be and they can be, but that does not mean they are. As I see it, adding a delay will not hurt most alliances, but it has the potential to hurt smaller alliances. It has no real benefit. I would agree to adding a delay if everyone could see all combat logs, but as long as it is just in the attacker/defender alliance it levels the playing field for big and small alliances
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

speaking as a leader of small alliances...

Alot of them don't even realize that the logs update immediately. Some people don't even know they are there unless you keep ranting about them. And even if they did know about them, and watch them constantly, alot of small alliance members won't be able to act fast enough.

I know that I'm speaking about small alliances being newbie alliances because they are the ones that we are talking about. Small alliances of vets are generally just as affective as large alliances.

To be honest Azool, I think that the delay on combat logs would help the newbies out more. It would mean that there was less of a chance of getting ganged, and if a vet is 1v1ing them, theres less of a chance of another vet running in with them and having a gang bang on accident.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

i have to agree... i had this happen 5 times in the last month doing a 1 on 1 and guys check the combat logs looking for figths to jump into... cost me kills...got me killed some times...you need some kind of fix....
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

and i had thought that almost a year ago, curu was going to put in a time delay on logs, as well as add scouts to be bought at alskant HQ...and when neither happened, i figured I had just imagined it or something.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: .

Post by JettJackson »

canff wrote:i have to agree... i had this happen 5 times in the last month doing a 1 on 1 and guys check the combat logs looking for figths to jump into... cost me kills...got me killed some times...you need some kind of fix....
agreed
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all