Smaller Political Councils

Features that have been reviewed and voted on by the Admin Team and SMR Community.

These are features that still require coding.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Smaller Political Councils

Post by jouldax »

I'm sure this should go in the politics page, but I thought it would be an easy fix as a standalone measure. There's no reason with the current player base size to have 10 people be on the council. I'd like to reward people for going good and for getting high exp by shrinking the council size down from 10 to 5 or maybe even 3; I'd be fine with either. This way a small alliance or even a neutral alliance has the opportunity to control some of the racial relations. It should add a better element of strategy to the game. I hope we can also push through the shorter vote times (24 hrs vs 3 days).
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Smaller Political Councils

Post by Holti »

Jouldax, I like the idea due to the small playerbase. But pushing through shorter vote times, like 24 hours, could be a mixed blessing. Some players only log in every couple of days, these players would miss a lot of votes. On the pro side, it might encourage them to log in every 24 hours just to catch a vote.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Could just limit the number of players from each alliance on the council.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Holti wrote:Jouldax, I like the idea due to the small playerbase. But pushing through shorter vote times, like 24 hours, could be a mixed blessing. Some players only log in every couple of days, these players would miss a lot of votes. On the pro side, it might encourage them to log in every 24 hours just to catch a vote.
Voting times are just way too long now, and as a ruling member of the council, you should get a notification that a vote is up (yes, I know, more coding), and hopefully smaller councils will entice people to try to have more of a strategic, political impact.
RCK wrote:Could just limit the number of players from each alliance on the council.
I don't like this idea at all. The whole point is that you could have 3 people from 1 alliance dominate two races. If you want to break the cartel, you have to kill some of them or have your own players raise their exp. I definitely want to focus on cutting down the absolute number of council members. It makes being a member more prestigious and impactful.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

This is far from the first time a request to limit councils has come up, they used to be 20 members :P
I'm happy to decrease the council again to bring back some relevance and I agree that messages on votes starting would be good (as it is so easy to miss them if you aren't keeping on top)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

If we limit alliance caps this should be a no-brainer. The question is, do you guys think 3 or 5 is the correct number?
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Let's try 5 for the councils this round.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

5 is fine.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

5 members seem to be working. I think the Daily vote change should be increased from +/-10 to +/-15 per day though.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Incognito wrote:5 members seem to be working. I think the Daily vote change should be increased from +/-10 to +/-15 per day though.
I'm fine with that. I don't remember if we changed it or note, but I'd also like to see votes go through within at least 48 hours. 72 hours is too long, especially when vetoes come in at the last minute. Maybe there should be a cap on veto time.