For Newbies

Archive of rejected features. All features should have a reason for rejection.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Alliance Changes in regards to Newbies

Post by Freon22 »

Page wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by the tooltips then (mock picture?), but having them respond to what the user has done requires the code being aware of what they have/haven't done in the past, which will take a bit more time than tooltips on their own.
I think they mean something like this.
<a class="bold" href="?sn=c44a7aee" title="Click this link to Return to the Current Sector">Current Sector</a>
But then again they may mean mockup pictures and using a mouse over event to show the pict.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Re: For Newbies

Post by Baalzamon »

I envision tooltips such as the ones found in the tutorials here: http://manual.smrealms.de/
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Baalzamon wrote:I envision tooltips such as the ones found in the tutorials here: http://manual.smrealms.de/
Hmm, you know, seeing as how that still exists, perhaps my idea is rather unnecessary?
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

except that there are a few outdated things, and for some reason, no one seems to know about that site.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Maybe adding a link on the leftside in the game called SMR Tutorial pointing to that site.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Freon22 wrote:Maybe adding a link on the leftside in the game called SMR Tutorial pointing to that site.
i think instead, the first time someone logs in that link should be dead smack center of the screen.
i killed orca.
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

silverx2 wrote:
Freon22 wrote:Maybe adding a link on the leftside in the game called SMR Tutorial pointing to that site.
i think instead, the first time someone logs in that link should be dead smack center of the screen.
Yep. This is good.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

this idea should be implemented imeediately.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

The Wiki should take care of a lot of this.