Mines/Planets suggestion and feasibility

Archive of rejected features. All features should have a reason for rejection.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Mines/Planets suggestion and feasibility

Post by RCK »

And there is drake with the save ;)

All true btw, and no one can deny that an active alliance is key, people have become to complacent with mining themselves in and not having do actively do anything for a few days.

(yes im guilty of that as well...)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

silverx2 wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Incorrect, people arent building because there is no point if they cant be defended, thus now people are doing nothing, at least before people would op regularly and there would be stuff happening now there is nothing.
thats a problem. and one i think more players would fix.

a major problem with the game right now is people rely WAY to heavily on forces. Its a passive stratagy that stagnates. build giant mine field, refresh giant mine field, the other team continues to throw itself against said minefield. Its dull and makes for a very one dimensional game.

This is part of why the game slowly died off. Its very boring when your only goals for an entire week of playing is to clear 10-15 sectors worth of mines as often as possible.
i don't actively play because its not fun, its a worse grind then WOW, plus there is even less hope for a grand payoff.
Again incorrect, if you were playing this game you would know that forces are whacked and that people aren't mining, thus the reason why there are not planets above level 40, because whats the point if there is no way to defend them. Also there have been other means to taper down mines that worked, like limited time in neutrals, smaller planet gals, more unos. There is no reason to ruin mines/forces even more and from what I hear the mine problems we currently have, are being looked at.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

drake wrote: right because parking 15 wbs on a planet and having triggers online is a completely worthless defense. Because when someone is clearing your forces bothering to make it hard on them is a worthless defense. Basically if you can't set your mines and check in every few days to make sure your perfectly safe it's pointless right?

You know what the best defense is? an ACTIVE alliance. You have no idea how many people I've called and woke up at 3am cause we were being opped (sterling gives great phone sex btw)
Drake when I see an alliance with 15 WBs on a planet then I'll apologize, but right now and for the last 2-4 games it has not happened because planets aren't being built high enough/quick enough, with other fed alliances blowing them down at level 5-25. And trust me I know all about 3 am defenses, I'm not that new to this game at which I don't know about active games. Also it isnt about mine longevity, it never was, it was about the fact that mines are horrendously weak right now and serve very little of a defense or even speed bump. Of course game speed and high turn caps don't help much either but I foresee those 2 issues being looked at/corrected. The bottom line to all of this issue is the lack of players.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Mines already changed a few rounds ago.