21%
Needs more thought
No votes

Total votes: 14

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Change to Fed Space

Post by RCK »

Well... i could start to pick those appart in detail ... but quickly...

US/Afganistan, isnt a war between counties, its a war between a country and a group or people with no ties to a specific country (taliban)

As for the other 2, that is hardly an "active" war, whens the last time there was a conflict there?

but we digress
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

The Federation is like the UN. Many countries are a member of the UN and some of them still war on each other.
We are making the game, so we decide what Federation is.

Just to add, there's no need of putting Fed ships and weapons in fed. Actually, it's a rather stupid idea.
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

No point in discussing anything we have the great insight and wisdom from Infinity.

If the players want to change the way that racial fed space works then that cool. But if its set so you can not park in a races fed space that you are at war with. I think that once war is declared you should have 24 hours from your last login and/or the time that war was declared to move. This way if a trader is parked in some races fed and doesn't login for a few days he wont login one day to find he is in a pod.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Freon22 wrote:No point in discussing anything we have the great insight and wisdom from Infinity.

If the players want to change the way that racial fed space works then that cool. But if its set so you can not park in a races fed space that you are at war with. I think that once war is declared you should have 24 hours from your last login and/or the time that war was declared to move. This way if a trader is parked in some races fed and doesn't login for a few days he wont login one day to find he is in a pod.
No need for the personal attacks (that goes for both of you)

As for the rest of that, i agree that probably a 24 hour "allowance" is reasonable. If you haven't logged in in the last 24 hours, your probably not reallying "playing" anyway, and for the most part, relations are pretty stable. Its rare that suddenly you go from peace to war once the game has started (not unheard of, but not extremely frequent).
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

:lol:
What I tryed to say is if two races when to war with each other then the 24 hour safely would start when the player logged in. Or if he was already logged in at the time that war was declared then the 24 hour safely start as soon as the war starts.

Now if you only want to give 24 hours notice even if the player has not logged in then maybe you would want to make a news report that a war vote is taking place between the two races. That would give players a heads up to what may happen.

Also I don't know how stable war peace will be if this change does happen. Some player will use this as a way to get some easy kills.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Implemented.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General