Needs more thought
No votes

Total votes: 14

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Change to Fed Space

Post by RCK »

This is an "expansion" on the Feature Request:
If its possible, don't know much about coding and what not.... But if your at war with a race that your not safe in there fed space. No matter how few weapons you have.
Which wasnt mine, but good idea none the less

First off, i know ppl hate change (myself included...) but worth a shot:

Anyway, my "expansion" to this is as follows:

Remove "Federal Beacon" from all racial galaxies
Replace it with a "<Race> Protection Becon"
These becons would be available ONLY to those from that race, and its peaces.

Remove the ability to become a deputy from the Racial HQ's
Create a new location, Federation HQ, surrounded by the current Federal Becons

Move "Politics" screen to the main menu on left.
Then, either
A) Allow non-council members to see current peace/war votes (this is were we get more interaction with council and regular players as they can "lobby" the council members (or bribe... ;)

B) when a war vote is made, send a message to anyone parked in that races fed space saying that "we are now at war, you have 12 hours before you are no longer under protect of "<Race> Protection Becon" (explained above)

C) Combination of both

Think that basically summarizes the idea...
Mal

Re: Change to Fed Space

Post by Mal »

I like it.

Now give me that 20 bucks RCK
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I am one of the two No votes in the game for that feature. When I posted my comment in the game I didn't make it ever clear so here is a edit of that post.
Fed space is not the Races space. Fed space is Federation space. All races belong to the federation even when they are at war with each other. So no fed space as it is now should ever be unsafe space unless you are breaking one of the federation laws that allows you to park there.
Sorry I just re-read your post, some of this is not to bad I guess.
Create a new location, Federation HQ, surrounded by the current Federal Becons
But would you just now have all fed based alliance now parking in the same fed galaxy instead of in many different racial galaxies?
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Freon22 wrote:I am one of the two No votes in the game for that feature. When I posted my comment in the game I didn't make it ever clear so here is a edit of that post.
Fed space is not the Races space. Fed space is Federation space. All races belong to the federation even when they are at war with each other. So no fed space as it is now should ever be unsafe space unless you are breaking one of the federation laws that allows you to park there.
With that analogy, you would assume all races were members of "The Federation" implying that they were all part of one group, so why would they war each other??
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Damn people if ur going to say no least give a reason... :)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well on the plus side it has 14 yes votes.

The Federation is like the UN. Many countries are a member of the UN and some of them still war on each other.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

RCK wrote:Create a new location, Federation HQ, surrounded by the current Federal Becons
In case no one else realises, that location has been around for as long as I can remember (accompanied by the Federal Mint location as well as the beacons) for as long as I can remember at least :P

There's technically no reason it couldn't also have the FU/HHG there as well.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:
RCK wrote:Create a new location, Federation HQ, surrounded by the current Federal Becons
In case no one else realises, that location has been around for as long as I can remember (accompanied by the Federal Mint location as well as the beacons) for as long as I can remember at least :P

There's technically no reason it couldn't also have the FU/HHG there as well.
Good point, never really thought about it, but that might be an idea as well, instead of having the HHG and Fed ships scattered, have them in the Fed HQ, and do the same with the UG.

since logically... best place for either ship yard would be at there respective HQ's
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Freon22 wrote:Well on the plus side it has 14 yes votes.

The Federation is like the UN. Many countries are a member of the UN and some of them still war on each other.
Name 3? And north korea doesnt count :)
drake
Quiet One

Post by drake »

Afganistan, United States, Isreal, Egyt... a lot of the african nations.. need I post more?