Blacklist

drake
Quiet One

Blacklist

Post by drake »

**text removed***

This wasn't what was said originally.
Originally the idea was to have the blacklist block buy user ID instead of name so that you didnt have to block the person in a new game.
-RCK
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Blacklist

Post by Page »

Yea, adding users to the blacklist based on account makes plenty of sense, I'll get it done.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Ok, the issue with adding this is that if it carries across games you still need to have a way to identify who is blacklisted. Using player name will mean you can easily tell who is who between games, using the HoF name means you can find out their HoF name which you can't usually do from in-game (current HoF only shows player name) and I can't think of anything else. Any comments?
drake
Quiet One

Post by drake »

every log in name = a log in id, when you blacklist the in game name that id is blacklisted, and your blacklist just always shows that in game name you blacklisted... I'm not a coder, so if what I just said doesn't work then so be it...

and RCK I didn't name a player nor refer to anyone, editing my post was completely uncalled for... if anyone took offense to it that's their problem for inferring something.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

What Page is saying is that if he uses the players account ID for the BlackList. Then you will know who is who from one game to the next. Like if my account ID is 1001 and he used that for the BlackList and in this round I am named Freon22. When the next round starts and I use another name say SiverLight and you look at your BlackList you will see SiverLight listed. You will then know that SiverLight is really Freon22 which will take away the ability of a player to play a round anonymous. Just because that player is listed in your BlackList.

I don't see away around this so having to re-do your BlackList once every 2 to 3 months isn't that big of a deal.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

One way I just thought of is to make it show the name of the player in the game you blacklisted them, and just keep that constant even across games. So something like Page (The Phoenix), and allow you to add someone multiple times for different games (however whether they're blacklisted would be based purely on the account and not the game they were blacklisted in)
drake
Quiet One

Post by drake »

^ that's what I said lol, just keep showing the name you blacklisted no matter what their new name is... another way would be to show no name at all, just give us a text box to enter something in, so if we don't ever want to talk to soul cause he's lazy we click his name, add to blacklist and we can type in a description "Soul" " *inappropriate comment*"

-Edited by RCK
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Lol, someone should "inappropriate comment* you for editing too rigidly, RCK. We're *inappropriate comment* adults, for *inappropriate comment*.

**text removed**

-Edited by Edgecrusher
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Technically he was removing my edits to their posts ;)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Me or him? And please stop editing my posts, Page, you're making everyone think I am full of inappropriate comments :)