New - Alliance Planet Idea

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

New - Alliance Planet Idea

Post by N.ator »

Ok, this is a space game. In space there are planets. Being a space game there needs to be some place where is your home country!

-I propose that every alliance starts with a planet.

1. When you create an alliance after a few weeks into the game you will have a planet created just for you. It will be a pre built planet (not much but a little to get started).
1.2 You will have to have your alliance created for 2 weeks before you get your planet, to know you are a loyal to that alliance, and that alliance isnt going anywhere.
2. It will be in a nuetral place, not galaxy
3. More planets in the game = more fun
4. Give smaller alliances a home, because afterall there are more smaller alliances now days.

-Please let me know what you think. I think this new system will be fun!
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: New - Alliance Planet Idea

Post by RCK »

That sounds good.. but... not exactly practical..

Your talking a random planet placed in a neutral. so what is the idea behind this planet?

What does it do?

Can you land on it?

Store $ on it?

Can it be busted?

*reserve the right for more questions but in a rush :)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

RCK wrote:That sounds good.. but... not exactly practical..

Your talking a random planet placed in a neutral. so what is the idea behind this planet?

What does it do?

Can you land on it?

Store $ on it?

Can it be busted?

*reserve the right for more questions but in a rush :)
these planets would just be like normal planets. yes you can land on it and do everything a regular planet can do. it would just a be a slightly higher level when it starts, and just gives the option and ability for every alliance to have a planet. because right now that is not possible.

but the planet can be busted and everything!
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

How about an alliance HQ, which is chosen by the alliance and published in the news or something, can be chosen once and not changed (unless it is busted), with some reward for the alliance to hold it/land on it, and a bonus for an alliance to bust it. It would give planets a bit more purpose and also have a target for the enemy alliance, which would hopefully increase enthusiasm to bust that particular planet and also act as a kind of win condition (at least for alliances that choose to compete over planets).

Any suggestions for suitable benefits for having a HQ and for busting an enemy's?
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

What about a capture the flag style game, both sides have a planet with 100 goods on it. Every ship in the game is dropped to 1 cargo hold. Planets have minimal defenses and anybody who is podded has a X min respawn timer. Ships are free and at the end of the round the team with the most goods on their planet wins.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i like both ideas!
ImageImage
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

the570z wrote:What about a capture the flag style game, both sides have a planet with 100 goods on it. Every ship in the game is dropped to 1 cargo hold. Planets have minimal defenses and anybody who is podded has a X min respawn timer. Ships are free and at the end of the round the team with the most goods on their planet wins.
That sounds fun. I seem to remember a similar round involving a bomb.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:How about an alliance HQ, which is chosen by the alliance and published in the news or something, can be chosen once and not changed (unless it is busted), with some reward for the alliance to hold it/land on it, and a bonus for an alliance to bust it. It would give planets a bit more purpose and also have a target for the enemy alliance, which would hopefully increase enthusiasm to bust that particular planet and also act as a kind of win condition (at least for alliances that choose to compete over planets).

Any suggestions for suitable benefits for having a HQ and for busting an enemy's?

So would the HQ be a building? If so at what level would it be available? How long would it take to build, what resources etc?

Obviously you can have only one, therefore what happens to an enemy HQ when you bust that planet? Is it automatically destroyed?

Also another stat to track ;) (Alliance HQ's Destroyed)

Does having an HQ on a planet give you a 'bonus' either in shields/drones/accuracy.

oh.... now this is an idea.... (which most will hate...) Move the AA to the Alliance HQ makes it that much more important to keep.

Just a thought.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

RCK wrote:oh.... now this is an idea.... (which most will hate...) Move the AA to the Alliance HQ makes it that much more important to keep.

Just a thought.
That would be cool. Make it so that when a teams HQ is destroyed, those players can no longer move or something and the team that destroyed the HQ gets the money remaining in their aa. No banks in the game at all :)
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Suddenly makes planets more useful ;)