Jump Drive

Kard
Beta Tester

Jump Drive

Post by Kard »

The gals have gotten smaller and smaller over the years, to the point where the JD is not that valuable anymore. Ive been human the last 2 rounds, and its not what it used to be. 15 turns to jump, when most 9 times out of 10 it costs the 13-17 turns to get there. With the change to mines, minefields are not that big of a deal to need to jump around either. Because of these reasons, the turns it takes to make a jump should be reduced to 10.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Jump Drive

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:The gals have gotten smaller and smaller over the years, to the point where the JD is not that valuable anymore. Ive been human the last 2 rounds, and its not what it used to be. 15 turns to jump, when most 9 times out of 10 it costs the 13-17 turns to get there. With the change to mines, minefields are not that big of a deal to need to jump around either. Because of these reasons, the turns it takes to make a jump should be reduced to 10.
This would make jump routes exceptionally great compared to now. Not that I am opposed but that would be the issue I could see people raising.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i think in SM jump drive was 10.. i like it! but ist might become way over power, as for its what second best trader now?
ImageImage
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

I believe in SM it was either 10 or 12. With the decrease in gal size and decreased player base I could see a change in the cost but I would tie it to game speed so that it was 10X(Game speed). So at speed 2.0 it would cost 20 turns, at 1.5 it would be 15, and at 1 it would be 10.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

The cost to travel between a sector does not increase with game speed so why would the cost to jump? It makes no sense and just makes the jump drive weaker the faster a game is.

Anyway there is currently a request on request a feature to reduce JD to 10 turns + 5 per gal, I'd suggest going and voting that up/down depending on how you think about it.
backlash

Post by backlash »

It sounds like he has more of a human issue than a jump issue. What about humans having a decreased cost to their jump ships as it is their technology. It also solves trade improvement abuse.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

backlash wrote:It sounds like he has more of a human issue than a jump issue. What about humans having a decreased cost to their jump ships as it is their technology. It also solves trade improvement abuse.
x2
ACombatDrone

Post by ACombatDrone »

RCK wrote:
backlash wrote:It sounds like he has more of a human issue than a jump issue. What about humans having a decreased cost to their jump ships as it is their technology. It also solves trade improvement abuse.
x2
x3
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

There is a suggestion on RaF about improving human JD accuracy, it'd be great to vote for that one and add this one as well if you want :)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

ACombatDrone wrote:
RCK wrote:
x2
x3
x4
ImageImage