Free For All Round(s) idea

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Free For All Round(s) idea

Post by Jester- »

I had this idea that i've been toying around with for a while. I'm envisioning a round that could run beside a normal round like today. This round would be a free for all type game. No alliances, no formal pacts and a customizable map depending on what we agree would be a good setup.
  • 1)Free For all 1 man alliance game
    2)Smaller map with maybe planets at a max of level 10 or something possible to be busted by one person at max turns.
    3)Possibly no top racials or FU/DC. This would allow players to choose between 1st hunter and 2nd hunter for a big trade off on speed.
    4)1 to 3 month time frame depending on what kind of goals we want to see with the game speed. I'd like to make it long enough where someone could reach spooky as an achievement.
I have more ideas that could be implemented but we could test a game like this at 2.0/2.0+ speed and not hurt the current rounds in my opinion. We wouldn't even need a coding change to just make 1 man alliances and give it a go. If we like it we could make it a new flavor to smr. Even at 3.0 speed as a one player game this could go far as you would have more time/activity.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Free For All Round(s) idea

Post by JettJackson »

The problem with the idea is that I don't think planets can be capped at a specific level other than the 70 which is hard coded in, and assuming this ran parallel to another game you couldn't change the code for one without affecting the other game. Same issue with the ships.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

That's fine. We can just have no planets or just see if one person can actually get a planet that high. I doubt that will happen. We need no code changes to try out a one man alliance FFA type game.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:That's fine. We can just have no planets or just see if one person can actually get a planet that high. I doubt that will happen. We need no code changes to try out a one man alliance FFA type game.
Well without planets it could work, the ship thing could be tough to bypass however. Page would know more about this though.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Easy enough to exclude the planets, the ships on the other hand would be harder, you could not have good/evil ships (FU/DC), but kind of stuck with racial ships unless the code is tweaked for this type of game.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Well what kind of traction do you think we could get on this? It would take no real changes besides a little planning. If you need particular information I can provide that. i want to get one of these started before the holiday season so people stay logged into SMR longer.
ACD

Post by ACD »

Awesome idea for players who come onto the game daily. Gives them something to do.
ACD

Post by ACD »

^^ All for this.
Will keep players more involved in the game on a day to day basis if the turn rate is higher.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I wouldn't mind seeing it run parallel to a main game, I don't know about it being the main game but I could see it working in a parallel format.

Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I know I mentioned this to Jester in #smr
I think the map would need to be custom-made for the racials to ensure that all races have approximately similar starting conditions (ie no super routes for one race and nothing for another race). With small teams, only having access to crappy routes for some and super routes for others will make the game go stale quickly.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.