Free For All Round(s) idea

Warg

Re: Free For All Round(s) idea

Post by Warg »

Ive always wanted to see a more permanent style game running concurrent to the main game. A game like jester suggests with a long run time and a high play speed, that will keep players logged in with something fun to do, will have a great impact on player base. The only problem i see, having eliminated planets, would be money. I would like to know if personal bank accounts and money on hand can be capped. with a high speed and long run time, this would be necessary to prevent players from carrying large amounts of money and sacrificing themselves to buff another. By capping both bank and amount of cash on hand it will require players to constantly change from hunters to traders ad pods are exchanged. capping only banks would leave the "big dog" with a massive amount of cash on hand, something that some may like, but i would not. i dont think we need a semis situation with everyone attacking the same player, but would like to see a game that resembles the true game in play style
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

what are your thoughts of instead of ffa we do 2 man or 3 man alliances?
i killed orca.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I think i would like to try a FFA first silverx2. Make it a month long game through christmas. If we feel like we want to try a 2 or 3 man round we can.

On warg's suggestions. I think that is a good idea to implement in a future round. I say that because it would take coding and we want to first see if it's even popular.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

FFA is basically semi wars, just on a grander scale. I like it though. I'd make it high speed, have a turn cap, faster restock rate, and better routes so people can get into good ships and won't be as worried about dying. Good idea to cap PA's at $100 mill tho.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I don't want turns to be to high though. You get at like 10.0 speed and then what's the point? I'd like a fine balance where you can still hunt patiently but not have to sit in one racial or place all day. I wonder where that balance will be? I was kind of wanting this to be on hall of fame too like a regular game, but if that's the case will speed matter? Will players care if speed is 5.0 and cry about people's kills or death's going up or is it on them to play conservatively?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:I don't want turns to be to high though. You get at like 10.0 speed and then what's the point? I'd like a fine balance where you can still hunt patiently but not have to sit in one racial or place all day. I wonder where that balance will be? I was kind of wanting this to be on hall of fame too like a regular game, but if that's the case will speed matter? Will players care if speed is 5.0 and cry about people's kills or death's going up or is it on them to play conservatively?
No they won't nor should they, people like activity and since it is a solo game it isn't so much about strategy as it would be for a team game. Also I would like the game to count for hall of fame as well, if it isn't people won't play.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

My main concern is speed being to high and people not conserving any turns or trading with any strategy. If it's not a valid concern then by all means make it high but I think starting at like 3.0 to 4.0 speed would be a good start. You don't want it to be to fast because then some wouldn't even bother keeping up.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

There's definitely a tipping point at which people don't feel the need to come back constantly and use turns - they would rather they go into overflow. I actually don't know if we need a speed much faster than 3, maybe even 2.5. I mean, for most ships, that's around 20-30 tph. That seems like plenty to me...
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Yeah 3 is probably the number I'd pick.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

JettJackson wrote:Yeah 3 is probably the number I'd pick.
Yeah, I'd probably go with 3. Twice the speed of the current round, so that means trading daily should be no problem.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.