Free For All Round(s) idea

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Free For All Round(s) idea

Post by Jester- »

I like the sound of 3 as well. That's aggressive but not to much so.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Well get us some maps and I'll see that it happens :)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

what about we add some planets or something new to the game. its currently dead.. maybe after x amount of days new things become unlocked! so it keeps people enticed to play the game.
ImageImage
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I like the idea of unlocking new things after a week or so to keep the game fresh.

I also like the idea of making the games (this could be applied to the regular round, too) more goal oriented, and having criteria that would determine the end of the round instead of making it time based. Jouldax and I discussed this yesterday, and I think it would help to avoid having weeks of inactivity after a certain point in the round.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Holti wrote:I like the idea of unlocking new things after a week or so to keep the game fresh.
Back years ago Harry Krishna had come up with an idea where a galaxy or two would open up at set times during the game. "a few weeks in, maybe a month or two in"

Having a new galaxy to explore new ports and weapon shops could change the game. The planet galaxy that you thought was good is now not so good. Arming routes change, trade routes opens up.

Harry Krishna had come up with some very good ideas in the day.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Freon22 wrote:
Holti wrote:I like the idea of unlocking new things after a week or so to keep the game fresh.
Back years ago Harry Krishna had come up with an idea where a galaxy or two would open up at set times during the game. "a few weeks in, maybe a month or two in"

Having a new galaxy to explore new ports and weapon shops could change the game. The planet galaxy that you thought was good is now not so good. Arming routes change, trade routes opens up.

Harry Krishna had come up with some very good ideas in the day.
We had actually talked about moving around the warps to start with. I've also talked alot about opening up new ports and galaxies so that the game evolves over time, but I was unsure if it was feasible in the code. The problem is, I'd have to build a separate galaxy in the unigen and then make sure that people can't jump into it until a warp opens up, otherwise jump ships and/or humans/skants would have an advantage. It would also ruin the exploration factor.

On a separate note, here are some ideas I've come up with for the next FFA round:

1. Set goals - first to spooky and first to 50 kills gets X smr credits
2. Game ends when at least 1 player has claimed the round reward
3. Put in low-level planets
4. Reduce number of ports and sectors
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Good ideas on FFA round.

Harry Krishna idea would require a new column in the database table for galaxies. It would be a date, so until you get to that data the galaxy would not load. So a jump ship would not have anywhere to jump too.

A few years ago I had started coding my own SM game in C#. I liked HKs idea, and coded it into my game creator, added the columns to my database tables, and coded a few classes to handle the new galaxies as they became availble. So it can be done if the powers to be that do the php wants to try. It would take some work and am not sure if this idea has enough support or not.

Anyway sorry for moving this thread off topic.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Freon 22, Jouldax and I both like the idea, and would support it if it can be coded fairly easily. Our biggest issue is lack of coders - we have many ideas, far too many for Page to code and still have something resembling a life (and sleep!)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

This should be moved to a new thread.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

RCK wrote:This should be moved to a new thread.
You should be moved to a new thread!