Scout life Span NEW

Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

surely spamming the attack button whould caus esome kind of error ? or doesn't it ?

Is this the same action as say skip drive ? just keep hitting it, till it dissapears ?
Alucard
Beta Tester

Post by Alucard »

Skip Drive! Oh let me count the ways....where art thou? *sniff sniff*

:cry:

I miss that thing.
Hellman109
Beta Tester

Post by Hellman109 »

Alucard wrote:Skip Drive! Oh let me count the ways....where art thou? *sniff sniff*

:cry:

I miss that thing.
Hellman <3 Skipdrive
All I heard was blah blah blah, Im a little whinger.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Harry Krishna wrote:If you extend the life of a single scout, what will that do to the existing formula that Kal and others are referring to?

Will a single scout's life be extended if you add 10 drones? What about 5 scouts by themselves? Five scouts and six drones? What about a 50/50/5 stack?

A change like this needs to be thought thru fully before going into the live code (which is why I thought we didn't make changes during a game).
yeah what he said.

Also that makes single mining better....drop 1 mine and 1 scout and your mine lasts longer than 1 day.

And lotus. the changes we have made during this live game are not gameplay affecting changes (like this would be). They are either bug fixes or extentions that make things easier (longer plot)
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Actually, there's a simple way around the complications that Harry Krishna and Azool mentioned.. For instance, scout drones are a different type of equipment than combat drones and mines. Therefore, when there are ONLY scout drones in a stack/sector, their expire time functions differently. However, if even ONE combat drone or mine is placed in the stack, it reverts to the original system of force expiration. (You can rationalize this by thinking about how giant combat drones and mines will affect the process by which scout drone life spans are maintained - I don't know, use your imagination).

This lengthens the time of scouts and scouts only. Seeing as how SMC hunting was "thwarted", this might be a nice boon for hunters.

I'm not suggesting that scout longevity needs to be increased, I'm just saying that if that's what people want, it wouldn't be hard at all (at least conceptually).
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

Azool wrote: Also that makes single mining better....drop 1 mine and 1 scout and your mine lasts longer than 1 day.
Any single mines that doesnt get hit within 24hrs doesnt seem to be a problem to me... the problem is single mines in racials on routes banks and around fed and they are very likley to be hit within 24hrs, or they are in places ppl dont go...
=)

It takes one to be one!
DW
Quiet One

Post by DW »

I guess for some reasons some admins aren't getting what were saying, its seems u admins helped traders out alot(2 min cpl thngy) so how about helpin out us hunters, make make single socuts last longer than a day.
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

I like Travdans idea. Definatly need to make them last longer. Alot of people mentioned how in old SM there was no SMC but they forget to mention scouts laster 5 days then :P
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Scout life Span NEW

Post by JettJackson »

implemented scouts last 5 days when using 5 scouts
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all