Scout life Span NEW

LotuS
Beta Tester

Scout life Span NEW

Post by LotuS »

so how about while were updating the code in the middle of the game, we extend the life of scouts while your there. not jsut fixing 1 thing.

MrSpock/Azool should know if you havent noticed the change :roll:
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
DW
Quiet One

Post by DW »

exactly, scouts should last longer than a day.
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

You don't need a change in code to extend the life of scouts.... 5 scouts + 3 drones, alternatively 1 scout 5 drones. Heaps of combinations to make scouts last more than 1 day.
PaTer
Quiet One

Post by PaTer »

Its fine, hunting is to easy already, what needs to change is giving extra 500 shields to PSF, I've seen some ppl spam attacking real fast, and that is wrong.
"Evil and good are God's right hand and left."
-Philip James Bailey
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

I agree with pater but still i find it too easy to hunt everyone down, what I would like to see is something that can fit on the 'scanner' place and has a chance of 95% to stop scouts in that sector from messaging to their owner, so you can choose either have full view or suppress the hunters view, this would strongly help slower people so fast people can't find them that easily :)
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

Kal wrote:You don't need a change in code to extend the life of scouts.... 5 scouts + 3 drones, alternatively 1 scout 5 drones. Heaps of combinations to make scouts last more than 1 day.
I think you need over 10 forces to make your scouts last more than 1 day and last I checked Cara didnt have cds... and adding 10 mines to make scouts last longer would make it kinda useless.. ;)
=)

It takes one to be one!
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Kal wrote:You don't need a change in code to extend the life of scouts.... 5 scouts + 3 drones, alternatively 1 scout 5 drones. Heaps of combinations to make scouts last more than 1 day.
/me chuckles

Have you ever even seen a minefield? Maybe try what you just said and see what happens.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

If you extend the life of a single scout, what will that do to the existing formula that Kal and others are referring to?

Will a single scout's life be extended if you add 10 drones? What about 5 scouts by themselves? Five scouts and six drones? What about a 50/50/5 stack?

A change like this needs to be thought thru fully before going into the live code (which is why I thought we didn't make changes during a game).
that which pods you makes you stronger
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

Travdan! wrote:
/me chuckles

Have you ever even seen a minefield? Maybe try what you just said and see what happens.
Apart from this game I haven't played for the past 2 months, so I can't remember if 11-20 forces IS (to extend expiration time to 2 days instead of 1) is going by actual number of forces with drones/scouts etc counting as 1 each or going by forces on scan value where scouts are valued at 1 and drones at 2 each.

And regarding ships that don't carry drones, hell, lets say ships that don't even carry scouts, well, I'm sure that plenty of people in DM/EoS/MS etc have still managed to get scout/drone stacks for themselves through seeding a mine and having an alliance member swap the mine for scouts/drones.
PaTer
Quiet One

Post by PaTer »

Sterling wrote:Vladdy/Pater, spamming the attack button is against the rules and if you know this please report it. In addition, without SMC hunting (they removed HoF stats thank god) I doubt it will be as easy as you say.
Yeah whatever, last game I had time (able to play 4x times per week), I killed over 100 traders, and I mainly used scouts.
"Evil and good are God's right hand and left."
-Philip James Bailey