HOF stats

Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

I would say drop the current game HoF and make the "real" HoF update once a day. Would remove / fix all the problems with people getting info there.
Last edited by Thauglor on Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Whats wrong with gettin info there? It's not like SMC hunting where you can tell exactly where someone is, but it does help you at least pick a target, there is still alot of information that you need to be able to fully track someone down, this just gives a small bit of info, you may be able to tell what a person is doing, but not where.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Tulayrk
Quiet One

Post by Tulayrk »

The problem is that it's anathema to good reconaissance. Sitting back and letting the database do half the work for you certainly doesn't build good playing habits.

It's also more fun to compare yourself with other alliances with ingame evidence, i.e. comparing your wealth in terms of what ships of theirs you run across, rather than looking at "ranks by trade profit total" and getting easy answers.
RedDragon
Quiet One

Post by RedDragon »

I disagree OR. I can work out SMC hunting from HoF stats. Eg take turns used since last death, goods traded, traded experience. Now take them at two time snaps. This can give you as much information as you used to get from CPL. That will tell you where.
Now also consider that as the game starts I can see who has bought forces so I can see which ships people are in and who is in hunters. Any information made available will make the people's (who can be bothered to use it) life safer/easier
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: HOF stats

Post by JettJackson »

already implemented even though I hate hiding of so many stats, as these stats interest me greatly, maybe opening all stats back up with a delay of a day would be nice
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all