HOF stats

SOul
Quiet One

HOF stats

Post by SOul »

i think we should be able to hide our stats to keep our identity secret im not sure if the stats page updating instantly was supposed to be there but atleast hide overall exp and kill so people can use diffrent names if they dont want to be known.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

You can, go to prefrences and change your hall of fame name
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

it would be a lot better if it will only show up on current game stats, then when the game has ended add it to overall hall of fame :), and 'view stats' should only show current game stats, without using hall of fame name, but the name that person chose in this game
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Completely agree with Vladdy here. Maybe even only update current game stats every day or week.
SOul
Quiet One

HOF stats

Post by SOul »

i like vlads idea any chance of this getting done before next game?on what OR said any idiot can figure who is who by there hof stats regardless of name.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well duh, but most people figure out who someone is rather quick anyways. And I like vladdys idea, only show current game stats, though delay updating those I think is kinda lame
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

axisofunity
Beta Tester

Duh

Post by axisofunity »

Changing your HOF name does nothing. Click on a trader and it tells you his or her HOF name whatever it is....
Nix`
Quiet One

Post by Nix` »

Uhh why are people set of attempting to hide there identity? It always happens each game. Then you ask someone in the alliance who they are and its "Well dont tell anyone I told you but its..." type stuff.

If you are really concerned about it at the end of each game request your account be closed and make a new one. The only real thing I can think about the HOF stats is it still leaking information. I can find out when someone is nearly out of newb's or if they are moving, how much they are trading if they are buying forces etc.

I can get a good amount of info without leaving fed
Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

Turns used since last death is probably one of the worst HoF stats. You can see if someone is moving, if looking for someone and knowing the start point, the stats will tell how far he moved. In general I think HoF give away way to much info. And there are way to many stats...
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
Nix`
Quiet One

Post by Nix` »

So are the forces. You can keep count of when people are mining or just buying general forces as well. Think all the CA's are in the same galaxy this game, its not the most effective tactic but you could lurk until you see someone buy forces thus eliminating hte need for a mine or scout.

Lots of work around with the masses of information available by the HOF. That said I like to check peoples stats while bored stupid :D