Co ldr

MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

indeed. every wants a different behaviour. so we give the leader the choice how it's going to work.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I'll try and explain it a little more as it seems some people aren't understanding...

Lets say my alliance has 5 roles and a leader....

Leader (Always has max everything)
Co-Leader
Trader
Hunter
Miner

I can click on co-leader and I see the following...
([ ] = a check box)

[x]Allow Withdrawl from AA
100,000,000 Max Withdrawl Per Day
[x]Allow Use of Planets
[x]Allow Trader to Change alliance Password
[ ]Allow User to remove alliance members
(many more options that we can think of)

Now I click on Trader and see
[ ]Allow Withdrawl from AA
0 Max Withdrawl Per Day
[x]Allow use of planets
[ ]Allow user to change password

and you have these options for every role in your alliance...and you can create a unique role for everyone in the alliance if you wish.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Sounds a lot like something I've seen before... Now where was that... Oh I remember: phpbb ;)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Azool wrote: Now I click on Trader and see
[ ]Allow Withdrawl from AA
0 Max Withdrawl Per Day
[x]Allow use of planets
[ ]Allow user to change password
Now all this looks good, but this part [x]Allow use of planets. I want to make sure I understand this part. If I own the planet, the leader of the alliance can stop me from using it? If thats so then I don't think I will ever own a planet in the game again. Planets are one of the things that bond the alliance together ("You need me and I need you thing"). If the alliance leader can keep you from using your planet then its like he owns more then one planet. I think that if a leader wants to stop a member from using his planet he should have to kick him then retake the planet. Anyway change is good but don't go to nuts on it.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

But Freon22, if an alliance wants to be a good team/alliance they'll just make sure every role allows the use of planets. Are you saying that they shouldn't have the option to be a bad alliance? Also, maybe there is some circumstance you are not thinking about where this would be a very important options.

Say an alliance wants to put a sketchy player on probation, they give him a unique role and they disable his ability to use planets because they think he's planning sabotage or something.

Who knows, but it may be important to someone at some point in time.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

well, what if an alliance leader wants to teach their newbie alliance to land on certain planets.. by denying them to land on 1 planet forces them to land on another planet (that or fed and re-arm every time)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Travdan! wrote:maybe there is some circumstance you are not thinking about where this would be a very important options.
Your right there maybe some circumstance that I not thinking of. In the passed I have given up my planet because the alliance leader had asked me to. There was another time that I gave my planet to the alliance because I was leaving them and waited until they had claimed it before quiting the alliance. But when I claim a planet I work at stocking it building it along with the other planets in the same galaxy. I think that if a alliance leader ban me from landing on my own planet I would have to quit that alliance and force them to burn the turn to retake it.
Travdan! wrote: Say an alliance wants to put a sketchy player on probation, they give him a unique role and they disable his ability to use planets because they think he's planning sabotage or something.
I can see not letting someone like this land on a planet as long as it did not belong to him. If he own a planet ask him for the password and move ownership.
To me it falls back to trust, I trust that the alliance leader will use the money that I earn through hours and hours of trading to the best for the alliance. He in turns needs to trust me, the ideal that an alliance leader could ban me from my own planet just doesn't sit very good with me. I would feel better that he asked me for it or kick me then retook it.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

the only reason I added that part was because I needed some more options...2 doesn't look good :)

What is above is not a final product. Also it can be used as someone said to restrict your members...say you know you will be busted in 2 days so you want everyone on a certain planet...you can make it so they are not allowed on those other planets for 2 days...

anyway the point is that those above are just ideas thrown out and are definetly not final
-Henry David Thoreau
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

that seems perfect ;)

we dont need to define 30 alliance roles.... but I cant complain ;)

I think most alliance would just have a few leadership posistions then the rest just regular grunts ;)
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

more than likely that is how it would go...this just leaves the possibility for anything
-Henry David Thoreau