Shot Stats

D-wizzle
Quiet One

Shot Stats

Post by D-wizzle »

Could there be a way to make it possible to go back and see your stats from a shot a little while after a battle is over, because the back button usually doesn't work.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Might be your browser configuration. My back button works fine, just remember to click forward again to avoid the back button error (if you care).
D-wizzle
Quiet One

Post by D-wizzle »

any idea on the part of my browser setup that could be messing the back button up?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

D-wizzle wrote:any idea on the part of my browser setup that could be messing the back button up?
What browser are you runing? I know that in IE the back button is linked to the history folder. I remember reading a post on a VB web board on how to disable the back button from the web site. Many ways were tryed and none of them worked. If your back button doesn't work then I would reload my browser or it maybe a good time to upgrade it. I think here on SMR they set a new cookie at each page then write it to the database so if you use the back button the cookies infor, will not match and you are sent to a error page. I will have to ask MrSpock or Azool if thats how they do that, I know that the "disable back button" was a hot topic on that webboard.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

you might wonna check your browser caching. internet explorer has something like: check for new pages every time a page is displayed (or so) maybe it's hidden in there.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Hi, MrSpock so am I right you use cookies to control the Back Button? D-wizzle the caching that MrSpock is talking about, you find it by clicking tools, Internet Options, General, then under Temporary Internet Files click setting. My is set to Automatically, you should also set the History it is right below that file. History should be set to keep pages in history for 30 days or at least 1 day. If it is set to 0 days I don't think it save any pages, but I could be wrong, it may save pages until you close your browser.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

no. actually we don't. the coockie is only there for keeping track of the session. nothing else is saved on your computer. the number you see in the url is saved in the database. if it's not in there you get the back button error. but for some strange reason it helped to change browser, but only sometimes and only for certain things. thats really odd
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

it would be nice to have another message area showing the attack results of a fight
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

yeah it would
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

i can click back like 9000 pages i duno what your talking about :P
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC