decloak when dropping forces

Orca
Quiet One

decloak when dropping forces

Post by Orca »

many of you know the problem:

high xped cloaker (like we had 3 of them in virus this time) drop singles while you are opping (moving to uno etc...) and you can't do anything against it...
in a DC 1 single guy can use up 375 of the enemies turns without having lost a turn himself...

in this respect the cloak is overpowered...

i would suggest:
=============

:idea: when you drop forces you get decloaked... you can of course recloak immediatly with the procedure we currently have... :idea:

dropping mines is a kind of "attack" in my eyes and it also makes sense: when your ship opens the force bay for the moment of dropping, it can be seen and people should be able to shoot on it! :wink:

(other suggestion i heard, but which i don't like: if you fire on forces the owner gets decloaked if he is in sector)
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

I agree with the problem, not your solution.

This makes hunting harder for a dc...

(your thinking now that DC's own everything... no, high experience owns everything, just high expers often get dc's)

Opers should just keep forces over cloakers :)
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

your way makes the cloak totally useless because that way u gotta recloak everytime u move over mines
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Orca
Quiet One

Post by Orca »

yes, as sterling pointed out: i meant when you DROP forces, not when you move over your forces that already existed....

and why does it make hunting more difficult?
either drop forces or stay cloaked...
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Dropping mines is a defence stratagy, its been around forever as has dropping them from a cloaked ship, weakening the cloak would unbalance the game even more, why not just learn to accept and deal with it
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

KAmikaze

Post by KAmikaze »

a dc has the cloak becasue it doesnt have alot of hps. taking away a bonus for the cloak is like taking away the bags under kerry's eyes, it just isnt right. players trade for months just so that they can get into a dc and not be seen, if this suggestion were to be put in action, i doubt many people would still go for higher exp amounts.
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Well they screwed the MS with the drone formula so why not screw around with the other ships too. We still have alot of people playing ikky for the fact that is the race they like. Even though all top warbirds can now kill the MS without using mines.
KAmikaze

Post by KAmikaze »

uhhh, we're not talkin bout races. the ms was changed because it was way to powerful, the dc can be beat, all you have to do is drop a mine on them, and out they come.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

i think whenever u are a DC, the cloak is essential to have. by changing it to where your cloak comes off when dropping forces... that means that any ships is > DC, especially if you try to use the DC as a defense against an OP. the DC is the single most powerful ship (whenever u can cloak above everyone else) to waste turns of the opposing enemy. 375 turns for a single ship is a lot, but you spread that loss over 20 ships, it's not that much, maybe 21-24 turns.
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

KAmikaze wrote:uhhh, we're not talkin bout races. the ms was changed because it was way to powerful, the dc can be beat, all you have to do is drop a mine on them, and out they come.

Please ohh please tell us how the mothership was overpowered???