SMR2 -> Cloak

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I agree, annoying though it is, it shouldnt be changed.

Also, IG doesnt just fool newbs, in the hands of someone smart it can be used effectivly to trick a trigger happy person or at least give a momentary pause, which can be handy
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Maybe it's just me, but high exp people should be showing up to kill wounded enemy ships, not to drop forces without fear of retribution.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

remember back in the day when enough mines could decloak a person i kinda liked that because it was like fillin the sector with enough disturbance that the cloak could not function properly i think maybe it should work both ways for your mines and for theres.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

back in SM days it was like that i remember because Anx got stuck one time back in the day and i had to get him out before they had enough mines down to see him.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

The reason I don't like that, PV, is again it revokes many of the advantages of cloak. If we want to change cloak completely, fine, but then cloaked ships will be just like other ships in terms of strength. I like ship diversity, where one ship has something special, but has a lack of something else in compensation. It's boring when all the ships are effectively the same.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Travdan! wrote:The reason I don't like that, PV, is again it revokes many of the advantages of cloak. If we want to change cloak completely, fine, but then cloaked ships will be just like other ships in terms of strength. I like ship diversity, where one ship has something special, but has a lack of something else in compensation. It's boring when all the ships are effectively the same.
Amen.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

im just saying i like the idea because it doesnt allow a cloak to be god and be anywhere it wants as long as its cloaked
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Prince Valiant wrote:remember back in the day when enough mines could decloak a person i kinda liked that because it was like fillin the sector with enough disturbance that the cloak could not function properly i think maybe it should work both ways for your mines and for theres.
That must have been way back in the day... maybe the old Trade Wars BBS or something. That has never been in SM or SMR. You are probably remembering having to set Anx free because someone else could see him.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

At this point, I'm thinking exp should be the only way to spot a cloaker in sector. They shouldn't be able to drop forces without fear of getting attacked, though. There's no reason it shouldn't be this way. A ship drops mines, or hits mines, it should be decloaked.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

RandyOrsolo wrote:A ship drops mines, or hits mines, it should be decloaked.
A cloaked ship has to drop its cloak to fire on you right? Because if it does then it does it because its an offenses action, so droping mines is also a offenses act. Have it lose its cloak when droping mines or firing on someone but would no change anything else.