Testing an Old idea:

Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i initially suggested it, and STILL want it to happen!
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

ur always trying to take credit for things thennain ;)
Tulayrk
Quiet One

Post by Tulayrk »

OmegaRenegade wrote:but is it fair to the players that get drafted to that team?
Hopefully the game would be short enough that all of the players would give a good effort regardless of who they were playing with.

Then again, if you're a leader and you draft someone who doesn't like you, maybe you deserve to run the risk of that person being inactive (or counterproductive).

The alliance leaders would definitely have to be the most liked and/or likable people in the game. They would also have to draft without going for comedy options that would backfire on them and ruin what could otherwise be a very interesting and competitive environemnt.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I agree, i would like this to happen as well, and posted on it again in general discussion. Hopefully i'm liked enough by some that I would like to lead in this if it ever happened as well. :D
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

As long as your avatar isn't foreshadowing of our fate (have you ever seen a Goomba win anything), I'd be game :D.
What, you want something witty?
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

RandyOrsolo wrote:As long as your avatar isn't foreshadowing of our fate (have you ever seen a Goomba win anything), I'd be game :D.
lol :)

well i doubt we would get 100-200 people...

maybe like a 5 man mini game... no trading.... racewar typish thing
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

Vober wrote:well i doubt we would get 100-200 people...

maybe like a 5 man mini game... no trading.... racewar typish thing
well, judging from the enthusiasm shown here in the webboard, i think we will have lots of people wanting to play...

and no 5 man, i'd like to OP with the new roster, get to know people i usually don't play with...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
telekinesis
Quiet One

Post by telekinesis »

Volrath wrote: well, judging from the enthusiasm shown here in the webboard, i think we will have lots of people wanting to play...

and no 5 man, i'd like to OP with the new roster, get to know people i usually don't play with...
Well i Quote This and add no more them, i Believe that a Draft game would be GREAT :D
Former Member of: Carnival of Souls, Nitro Express, Armada, Faded Image, The Dogs of War, The Legacy of the Phoenix, Adult Swim,Sillicon Valley, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas......
Strike
Admin Emeritus

Post by Strike »

I agree, that would also work perfectly well with the 25 cap limit for alliances. It would give new players a chance to show their skills (rather than having to compete against the big alliances from the standard games, they will be facing alliances equal to their own) and hence liven up the game.
But then again, how would the leaders be chosen? Spock doesn't have time to nominate the leaders himself and any other choices could be argued to be biased...
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

have an ingame vote with poeple being nominated (like for the WB mod position)