Testing an Old idea:

Kuwl
Beta Tester

Testing an Old idea:

Post by Kuwl »

Why don't we test the draft? Lets take a pot of 100-200 players (you have to sign up for it) then spock can pick 5 leaders out of this pot (or 10 leaders, depending on size of pool)

The leaders would have 5 days to trade off picking people (maybe if they all could get on at a designated time and do it together). If they don't want to lead, they can step down... etc.

For this game, there is no kick/leave feature.. 2 weeks long (maybe shorter?) and there is no personal or anon accounts (all alliance accounts) and the leader can set restrictions on cash out-take (say player X can only withdraw 5 mil max per day).. this would only be a test (maybe not have the max withdrawl there).

I'd suggest only the most active players try this---and also have a simultaneous game going at same time.. I think it would be a blast to try out. I left out a lot of "idea's" in this, you can fill in the blanks if you wanted.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I would love to do this...It's been mentioned like twice and everyone liked the idea.. Let's do it.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

only issue I have is that spock aint been round much lately, should get someone who knows which players have leadership potential, I'd hate to be in a lotus alliance again
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

As in sports, OR, part of having a draft is the possibility you might end up with someone who has no clue what they're doing.
What, you want something witty?
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

but is it fair to the players that get drafted to that team?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Life isn't fair :)

They should be stuck with the team, although not necessarily with the leader - and as always, leaders aren't necessarily the people with the titles, but the people who have the respect of their teamates.
What, you want something witty?
axisofunity
Beta Tester

Post by axisofunity »

I agree, this idea rocks as I said before.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

lets do it!!
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

OmegaRenegade wrote:only issue I have is that spock aint been round much lately, should get someone who knows which players have leadership potential, I'd hate to be in a lotus alliance again
I've seen Spock around a lot more recently than I used to..
acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

I like the ideal.