Retired hall of fame

Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Retired hall of fame

Post by Prince Valiant »

a page with a list of players who have retired it would be a option under preferences and if you click it or below it maybe there would be a blank place to put in your most well known name. So first this can also be used so that your most famous name can not be used in a game it would be on a list of names that can not be used. Second people when loggin in with there retired pilot would be asked if they wanna unretire if not they cannot join the game
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

i concur
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Sounds like a great idea.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

so the player has an option on pref to say he has retired. or is just that a certain character (alter ego) of him has retired and he's still playing with a new one?
how prevent misuse (say i add that azool was one of my names) hell who wants that? 8O
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

MrSpock wrote:so the player has an option on pref to say he has retired. or is just that a certain character (alter ego) of him has retired and he's still playing with a new one?
how prevent misuse (say i add that azool was one of my names) hell who wants that? 8O
option on preferences so either he is retired and cant play or is active and can no other accounts allowed
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Why not make it so if you want to save your game name. So no one else can use it, you pay 1 SMR credit. Then your name is saved for 6 months, thats two games. I know that sometimes someone will join a game before you and take your name. This way if they want they can pay and their name is safe for two games.

What it come down to if you don't want someone else using your name ether join the game or pay the SMR credit and have it saved for you.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

ehh as much as thats alright with me i would rather see it as a respect thing for those who dont play anymore and have moved on
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

If this was six or seven years ago, I would agree. But in todays game almost everyone trys to hide who they are from game to game. I remember a time when a player would pick his or her name. And almost every game after that you could be sure that the game name was the same person. With now players use names today, they have little important. Players try to change their names halfway through a game as a way of cheating. They pick their names from game to game as a way to criticizing someone or a group.

Even when I'm not playing a round like this time. I still join so I can make sure no one else can pick my name. :lol: Not saying anyone would want my name.

But I can see your point with the ones that still value their game names.

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Retired hall of fame

Post by RCK »

Implemented - Tracked via the Hall of Fame. Allowing 'retirement' NOT implemented due to reasons stated by Freon above.