Ignore messages

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

yes i really wish i could agree here cus you have a good point but there is one thing and that is there are still some kids who play this game ironically the worst swearers but still we have to be true to form and not swear purposely around them or be allowed to
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

An ignore option is a great idea, couple that with a bad word filter. And alot of the problem will be gone.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Yes. Some people just dont have the register to expres themselves without using words that offend. I completely agree. Throw in a filter and option to block and you sort out 90% of the problems with 10% of the bans. People want to be themselves and not have to edit each message they send :P

However words written to purposely get round the filter should be punishable.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

MrSpock, Azool or Curufir Read This

Post by Freon22 »

Hey MrSpock, Azool, or Curufir.

Could one of you look into this? I believe it would help alot in game and would be worth the time.

An ignore option, couple that with a bad word filter for ingame messages.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

great idea
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

While I don't think an ignore option is necessarily a bad idea, it shouldn't be necessary. Our focus should be to discourage such behaviour in the first place, not look for ways to allow it. There is no reason or excuse for harassment or bad language.

edited for typo
Last edited by Ardbeg on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

I agree with Ardbeg. However we must stop a realize that in todays society cursing is heard so much that children begain to believe that it is acceptable language. How can you stop a person for using a word they use everyday. It would be like trying to tell a high school girl to not use the word like with every other sentence. Their brains are just programmed for that language. Some of them even use foul language in front of their parents without fear of punishment.

I personally know what soap tastes like. I prefer Dawn Dish Liquid. Tastes better than a cheap bar of walgreens soap. However I was 11 years old when I found that out.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

The fact that no one can agree on what is offensive makes an ignore PM option (similar to ignore globals, but player specific) a good idea.

This feature should have:
1. a way to block individual players
2. a way to unblock individual players who were blocked

Without the unblock, you'd either have to get an admin to fix it or wait til the end of the round when it would (I guess) be reset.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The block and unblock should not be that hard. Have a ignore table, when you receive a message it has two button on it. One for report this message and another one for Ignore this Player. If you click the Ignore this Player button they are added to your ignore list that should be listed some where on the message page. If you have someone listed there click the UnBlock button if you want to receive messages from them again.

I would think as far as adding someone to your list it would be best if you only get that option when someone sends you a message.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

The ignore option was on the list of things to add before Curu left.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey