Buying Maps for Credits

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Poca wrote:currently when scouting all you do is get maps..
Is that all? Have you ever tryed playing without maps. I know some space type games gives you 1 exper point for ever sector you move to. Kinda like I moved from sector A to sector B without getting killed there for I have more exper in sector B then I had in sector A.

You can give 2 exp points or 3, most players will still try to get maps without burning any turns. You see we want to use our newbie turns trading not exploring. But whatever, if they do it cool, if not no big deal.

But keep it so we can buy maps.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Freon22 wrote:
Poca wrote:currently when scouting all you do is get maps..
Is that all? Have you ever tryed playing without maps. I know some space type games gives you 1 exper point for ever sector you move to. Kinda like I moved from sector A to sector B without getting killed there for I have more exper in sector B then I had in sector A.

You can give 2 exp points or 3, most players will still try to get maps without burning any turns. You see we want to use our newbie turns trading not exploring. But whatever, if they do it cool, if not no big deal.

But keep it so we can buy maps.
I like this idea of having the option to gain small exp amounts for exploration as well as being able to buy the maps if you wanted.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Ironicaly enough there are people out there that LIKE exploring. I say exp for exploring is a nice adition. It makes it so that big alliances will most probaly still buy maps but those smaller alliances who can't get them for whatever reason aren't loosing out on so much. But make it so that the exp is equivalent to trading those turns you're exploring in a semi. So you would get about same exp exploring (mabey bit more) then you would've if you traded a medium route.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

Yeah, well that would be a huge waste of turns. There are 2864 sectors in this game. At 2xp a sector, you wouldn't even get 6k xp if you explored every single sector in the game.
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

The finite limit of sectors does kinda put your scouting to an end eventually :(
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

unless we make neutrals infinitely large.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

which would be ridiculous and make feds pointless in neutral
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:Yeah, well that would be a huge waste of turns. There are 2864 sectors in this game. At 2xp a sector, you wouldn't even get 6k xp if you explored every single sector in the game.
ok would it be better explore 2864 turns and not getting a little exp or exploring it and getting the exp...i would go with exploring it and getting the little exp..
ImageImage
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

Poca I was refering to this statement by Sterling
Sterling wrote:Yeah...but i'll just have izzy buy and download the maps to MGU, then he'll email me them...and i'll get all the exp plus all the maps
If you can't beat em, ban em!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Buying Maps for Credits

Post by JettJackson »

Delay put in to buying maps

Implemented
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all