CPL Real Time Update

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Traders have to get more creative, like instead of buying 600 goods buy 599 and such. Hunting is not even hunting anymore. It is called put a scout down and whoever pings you, you go kill
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Was it ever any diferent?
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

XDemonX wrote:Traders have to get more creative, like instead of buying 600 goods buy 599 and such. Hunting is not even hunting anymore. It is called put a scout down and whoever pings you, you go kill
at least that requires that you actually make the effort to put scouts out (scouts which can expire, or get popped, or be at the wrong ports, etc, etc). All realtime xp updates require are MGU and a calculator.

In any case, a skilled hunter relies on much more than just scout pings........
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Also realtime xp updates make any ship made for hunting lose it's value a little bit.. For example... the DM goes from being a warbird to being one of the best hunters cause all of a sudden not having scouts isn't such a big deal.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Ardbeg wrote:Those stats were taken out because they enabled players to get something (information) for nothing.
What, you want something witty?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Meh - I don't use scouts to hunt..I use the little green arrow and the alliance message board to find people ;)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i am a trader and im for this idea....i hat it because whenever i want to trade you start trading and then bam a huge green arrow is right next to my name!...i think it would be interesting..because now hunters will accually have to pay attention to the exp ..idk im for this idea..
ImageImage
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

This is not to remove the green arrow, just to have your xp update. Problem is, if they know how many holds your ship has, they can watch your xp update and then look up what route your on. No scouts needed. So unless you want everybody to know not just when your trading but where as well. I dont think your interested.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i say you have to either keep the green arrow go up everytime you trade and only update every 2 min. or dont have any green arrows or red arrows and then just have it so your exp goes up everytime current players refreshed..
ImageImage
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

meh, all it takes is a hunter paying attention and they will know exactly where you are trading. Im not so much on the trader side anymore so it doesnt matter to me a whole lot but I still think that if they wanted to make it easier on hunters the way to do it would be to not have such big gals, as it stands you get about 2-3 moves tops before you have wasted 3-400 turns.