Cloak

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

that is how its already set up. but the only thing is that when you try to fire, the person is already out of the sector. i know many people that have been killed by this "bug"
ImageImage
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Ok maybe make cloaking costs dependant on your level. So if you want to hit the cloak me button but you got a gazzillion XP, then you will pay in turns! This wouldn't affect WQ that much because flying warbird you usually have lower lvl XP. But hunters flying cloak seem to have huge XP. Either way lower level cloaking isn't as effective so it shouldn't cost too many turns. Higher XP cloaking is too effective.

And this would make Cloaking a strategy of it's own.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

IMO i think we should slow down the DC! its too fast!
ImageImage
Penglund
Quiet One

Post by Penglund »

DC is a hunter class ship. The same as the cara and the ITAC and the HBC. Hunter classes have mines, CDs, and scouts. They also have HIGHER TPH! Lower that, you might as well take every tph and drop it by 2. Then we would have people crying that their PSF only gets 2 tph and their MS gets 3.
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

lets speed DC up to 26 tph?
Kerkem
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Smor wrote:
STEBO48858 wrote:how about instead of a turn cost on the movement, just make dc assassin and wq ships slower, i say leave theif as is but the other ones make them slower cut their turns by 1/4 and that could resolve the issue and maybe have people use fed ships more often
power of fed ships are jump and fire power
power of ug ships are cloacks and speed.

if u make speed lower then u must change many things or atleast cost of those ships.

edit: we all keep forgeting (including myself) about half dmg taken from forces for fed ships. big thing too. not related to this discussion, but im writing it cause it is something that affects cost of ships too.
I totally agree with ^ post..... and, would like to congratulate Smor for leaving his ego out of it ;)
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

Purify wrote:
Smor wrote:
STEBO48858 wrote:how about instead of a turn cost on the movement, just make dc assassin and wq ships slower, i say leave theif as is but the other ones make them slower cut their turns by 1/4 and that could resolve the issue and maybe have people use fed ships more often
power of fed ships are jump and fire power
power of ug ships are cloacks and speed.

if u make speed lower then u must change many things or atleast cost of those ships.

edit: we all keep forgeting (including myself) about half dmg taken from forces for fed ships. big thing too. not related to this discussion, but im writing it cause it is something that affects cost of ships too.
I totally agree with ^ post..... and, would like to congratulate Smor for leaving his ego out of it ;)
man it was so hard... i was all sweat after finishing typing it.. phew
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

lol!
Kerkem
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

I still think Purify has the problem nailed in that it isn't cloak itself that is overpowered, but the speed of quick players that use it. I'm at a loss of how to fix it though. But I would like to leave cloak alone :).
-when there is a will there is a way
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Cloak

Post by JettJackson »

implemented in the sense that you lose cloak when dropping forces.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all