Cloak

acidtrip
Quiet One

Cloak

Post by acidtrip »

Weaken it by not allowing for a cloaked ship to drop forces while cloaked. A cloaked ship picks when it fights that is a huge advantage. It also has the massive advantage to disingage from a fight by recloaking. I say 30 second delay on recloaking.
a2
Quiet One

Post by a2 »

I dont think some aspect of this needs to go in the game, I think the cloak is good how it is. If people are willing to work for the high experience, trade for weeks or months more than others, they deserve the benefits. There are tons of different race/ship/weapon/technology combiniations available to the average smr player, those who earn the exp should be allowed to enjoy their work with a claoked ship, this is WQ's technology and evil technology. its what makes WQ and evil people go those things, the cloak is a essential part of the game, and I think people like you should stop trying to kill it.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Cloak is fine the way it is.
-when there is a will there is a way
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Cloak

Post by N.ator »

acidtrip wrote:Weaken it by not allowing for a cloaked ship to drop forces while cloaked. A cloaked ship picks when it fights that is a huge advantage. It also has the massive advantage to disingage from a fight by recloaking. I say 30 second delay on recloaking.
in sm it made it a 20 second delay if it hit mines, attacked somone, or attacked a port.

I think this is what SMR needs. making a cap on the recloack puts more strategy into it. It will also waste turns for recloacking..because they would have to run..hit current sector and pray that no one finds them untill they can cloack!
ImageImage
Penglund
Quiet One

Post by Penglund »

*cough* complainers* cough

Suck it up. Why do people always complain when they get beat by something? Are we gonna complain until this gets changed as well??
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Why do people always counter "complaining" with sarcasm???

Do they for some reason believe that sarcasm > complaining??
Maybe they believe that by using sarcasm the complaint will be tossed aside??

Orrrr.... do they use sarcasm to disguise a brag post and to feel > than the complainer all at the same time???
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

there shouldnt be a time limit to recloak but a cloaked ship should have to decloak to drop forces
a2
Quiet One

Post by a2 »

This is like there being 2 armies fighting on a field, and they both can choose from same weapons. Some choose all rifles, some choose rifles and cannons, some choose machineguns, some other things. These are the technologies availe to all in SMR. You get to choose which you want to use, you can use the strengths of 1 or the strengths of alot. the cloak is one of these technologies which alliances and players can utilize. It is not over powered, it is not like some players are doing something others cant, they just choose not to. And instead of adapting and learning to fight with cloaks they are sticking with the same old TAC, same old EOS, same old dessy they always used and suddenly they think its unfair because a bunch of cloakers are kickin their butts!

the cloak has lots of ways to beat it. Mines, easily decloak hunters, higher experience people to decloak the cloaked attackers, if a cloaker can be decloaked, his effectiveness is destroyed. its not like the effectiveness of a JD is affected by your enemy, its not like the illusion of your ship disapears when a higher exp player comes in sector, its not like your drone scrambler stops working if your oponent has more experience than you. The cloak is NOT that overpowered as your claim. I think you should reconsider and possibly addapt to the style of gameplay which this game presents instead of trying to kill the cloak and by extension smr.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

a2, the problem with that line of thinking is that when one weapon (or race, or tactic) is consistently better than the others, then we lose the diversity in the game. This is already a problem with all the rarely used ships and wepps we have. This is why people like me are always annoying the hell out of the narrow-minded "I want to keep my advantage" crowd with my discussions of game balance. Fact is, the cloak is too powerful a tool and needs to be tweaked back down.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

People just don't know how to combat cloak...If yourun into a cloaker, drop mines all around - simple..the amount of times i have gone after a MS or EoS or even lower DM and they have not dropped mines i couldnt count on my fingers..