Cloak

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

DarthNihilus wrote: I think in all fairness we should take cloaked ships out of fleet fights.
I thought that if your ship is cloaked you are not in fleet fights, planet attacks, or port raids. If it is not that way it should be that was the way that it was suppose to work, back when.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Freon22 wrote:
DarthNihilus wrote: I think in all fairness we should take cloaked ships out of fleet fights.
I thought that if your ship is cloaked you are not in fleet fights, planet attacks, or port raids. If it is not that way it should be that was the way that it was suppose to work, back when.
Your ship fires in response to someone firing on a another players ship if they are from the same alliance. Fix it so that doesnt happen while the ship is cloaked.

You can de-cloak a high level cloaker if you can trick a lower level team mate of theirs into entering the same sector as the high level cloak. This makes that lower level team mate a target in fleet fight conditions. Remove the equation that makes the high level cloaked ship un cloak in response to a shot being fired at another team mates ship. Thats the biggest hit to it. Your ship is controlled by actions out side of your control.

{edit for clarity}
{boss mentioned to me that I tend to write things as a note to myself which tends to make them hard to read}
Last edited by DarthNihilus on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

And if the players trying to pod the high level cloaker are higher level than the "Target" then the "target" wouldnt even see the cloaked team mates ship he just helped de-cloak.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

DarthNihilus wrote:Your ship fires in response to someone firing on a another players ship if they are from the same alliance. Fix it so that doesnt happen while the ship is cloaked.

You can de-cloak a high level cloaker if you can trick a lower level team mate of theirs into entering the same sector as the high level cloak. This makes that lower level team mate a target in fleet fight conditions. Remove the equation that makes the high level cloaked ship un cloak in response to a shot being fired at another team mates ship. Thats the biggest hit to it. Your ship is controlled by actions out side of your control.

{edit for clarity}
{boss mentioned to me that I tend to write things as a note to myself which tends to make them hard to read}

I dunno if i get it.... but it sounds like you want to make the cloak stronger???... one of its weaknesses is that a teammate can decloak him, that is why, in the past top cloakers have left the alliance when going afk... and you want to remove this?

Are you still feeling guilty for killing Kah last game or something???????
telekinesis
Quiet One

Post by telekinesis »

Sterling wrote:Telekinesis i thought you had a better attitude about things. I think it's disgusting that some of you can't even have DISCUSSION on a topic without resorting to stupidity. This is just a discussion, nothing gets set in stone.

There is a difference between an argument and a fight. You guys turn everything from an argument into a fight. Let's just give the fighting a rest and make some good suggestions? You fail to see the problems because you are good benefitters of the issue. Alls we want is for crusher to have the same chance of kills that i have... we don't have any stuipd idea that any change will make us as "uber l33t" as you guys are, we are forced to deal with our miserable SMR existances! And we will be forced NO MATTER THE GAME CHANGE.
Don?t worry Sterling i do have :) Usually i think i?m a very moderated guy, of the kind that loves read all the messages that are sent in op?s time.

Let?s talk about the cloack them. I have high XP and a cloacked ship, but that don?t grant me tons of kills, cause i don?t have the skill and probably the time that other players in Armory have to hunt. What does this show besides that i suck, that a cloack in the hands of "normal" player isn?t overpowered. The cloak only is an ultimate "tool" of power if you are really High XP and you have a big amount of time to play. Like if you have 90K in this game right now, cloack is almost usuless cause 70 ppl can see you.

The way this discussion should go is, get the amount of beneficts and bad things to a cloak owner. Try to see the balance and if it?s VERY unbalanced them try to change.
Former Member of: Carnival of Souls, Nitro Express, Armada, Faded Image, The Dogs of War, The Legacy of the Phoenix, Adult Swim,Sillicon Valley, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas......
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Purify wrote:
DarthNihilus wrote:Your ship fires in response to someone firing on a another players ship if they are from the same alliance. Fix it so that doesnt happen while the ship is cloaked.

{edit for clarity}

I dunno if i get it.... but it sounds like you want to make the cloak stronger???... one of its weaknesses is that a teammate can decloak him, that is why, in the past top cloakers have left the alliance when going afk... and you want to remove this?

Are you still feeling guilty for killing Kah last game or something???????
What I'm saying if you are going to add a time delay to a item that can be controlled by another players actions then maybe you should change it so that another player can't cause a cloaked ship to de-cloak. And leaving and rejoining allainces to avoid getting un-cloaked is not a viable tactic if the suggested fixes for rotateing gets put into code.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

You forget my suggestion also would hurt a pack hunting tactic. Uncloaked ship under 2 cloaked ships baits unwarry player IS so all three can fire as one. No newb is going to detail scan the sector before entering.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Movign while cloaked uses 2 turns instead of 1, cloaking uses 1 turn. Fair and balanced(tm)
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Yea DN's sugggestion would actually weaken cloak if you look at it..sometimes we can get 3 cloaker IS with someone while they only think its one..With DC's suggestion, all would have to decloak before they were involved in each others shots
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Just as a reversion to the earlier point that speedy cloakers can hit mines, leave and recloak before anybody can get a shot off. What if as long as you get an examine up you can fire. You cannot continue attack with them out of sector, but your first shot will go off.