Plot Course To....

Sivarticusiii
Quiet One

Post by Sivarticusiii »

I like this idea. And Seldum, try adding something to the conversation. This could be valuable to the new players IMO.
==Pod. It's what's for dinner.==
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

not just new players but even vets!! if they are stranded and need to know where an uno is FAST bam all you do is go to plot corce, click the sroll down arrow, click uno and it will automaticly plot the uno to you, when instead you have to load up mgu and then click find location, type in your sector... and then click find uno and then once you find that you have to then go back to smr and then type it in. wow what a long time that took right!?
ImageImage
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

helpful, and doesnt require reliance on outside applications
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I like it.

I don't like the average/below thing. Giving advantages to these players can make vets create new accts to get these features, which is lame.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Azool wrote:I like it.

I don't like the average/below thing. Giving advantages to these players can make vets create new accts to get these features, which is lame.
yeah i dont like how just new players would beable to use this. EVERYONE should just as you stated.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

what about adding a Favoties to this.

With this, you could only add 1 sector to your favorite for plot corse., and a sector for you jump drive if you ship does have jump. this way instead of always typeing int eh sector if you have it on yoru favorite, you would just have to click this number and it would automaticly plot for you. When you do add these sector as your favorite, it should show up somplace on your main screen, maybe on the very top next to the sector you are in. But after you click play game of log out, the numbers will be erased for next time you log in.
ImageImage
Sivarticusiii
Quiet One

Post by Sivarticusiii »

I was just thinking about this a little, and I think it might actually help some of the newer players stick around. (Not that only newbies get it.) But, if they see these locations in their plot course, they might think, hey, what's this? And go check it out. A little more excitement/mystery to get these guys into the game.

It also helps a lot in not making people download MGU just to figure out where places are. Once again, very good idea IMO.
==Pod. It's what's for dinner.==
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

thanks to poca for bringing my thread back to life :-) I've been away

And thanks for the support and seldum, i honestly would like to know what you don't like about this...it adds more dynamics to the game, and doesn't unbalance it in any way at all that I could see.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

I think this is a pretty good idea, and would be handy when you are playing from a computer that is not your own and doesn't have MGU. so BuMP!
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:I think this is a pretty good idea, and would be handy when you are playing from a computer that is not your own and doesn't have MGU. so BuMP!
Or those player who use Macs, since MGU is not compatable with them :-)

But I think that this is taken care of in 1.5