Plot Course To....

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Plot Course To....

Post by Baalzamon »

I'm reopening this from before, about a year ago (almost to the date) I posted a suggestion taken from SM, and people seemed 50/50 on it. A year later, I would like to see what people think about it.

On your "plot course" page, have, "plot to nearest.." and then a dropdown menu with locations like "Fed, Bank, Bar, Uno, Combat Accessories" One of the biggest arguments against this was that you could find this in MGU. Very true, however, imagine a new player, unsure if they are going to stick with this game still, do you think they want to download a program and learn how to use it if they don't know if they like the game yet? Or say you're in a jam, and you were arming up, and got attacked, you aren't familiar with the area, so you don't know nearest Uno. Are you going to take the time to go to MGU and find it?

The final post in the original thread was from Azool....
I've been trying to add tools and neat features (i.e the bank report and some new attack features) to help level the playing field for vets and newbs slightly, at the same time teaching them SMR. In future versions we might try to incorporate some MGU/SMC features into SMR.
The link to the original thread is here: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... ght=#66487
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

ahh man i remember this feature!!! good find charlie!! i think this is an awesome idea!! defently for new players that have no clue what mgu is..also this is good because it takes time opening mgu, clicking find locttion..type in your setor, and then click what you need to find when somone is after you!
ImageImage
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

This is a GREAT idea!

Some newbies are hesitant to download and install unknown software onto their computer (for good reasons too, who wants a virus!?), incorporating MGU features into SMR would help a LOT.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
a2
Quiet One

Post by a2 »

how about this only is there if your average or below
acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

This is a good ideal. Even if its just for the average or below.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Plot COurse to: "Nearest Armory camp point" *SELECTS*
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

haha astax...no, i don't want it just for avg or below, i think its something that we could all use...its not like it gives anyone an advantage of any sorts that i can see at least
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

i think eveyrone shud have this. I dont have MGU and this would be very helpful.

Its not like it gives a disadvantage to anyone who doesnt use it.
Kerkem
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

bump.
ImageImage
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

lame