Scouting New Sectors

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Scouting New Sectors

Post by N.ator »

every new sector scouted, 2 experience.

this will make it for newbies get nice easy exp in the begginning of a game and it might make people want to scout out there own racial galaxy so they get some exp.
ImageImage
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

What good would this do?
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Re: Scouting New Sectors

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Poca wrote:every new sector scouted, 2 experience.

this will make it for newbies get nice easy exp in the begginning of a game and it might make people want to scout out there own racial galaxy so they get some exp.
SM did something similiar, 3 exp for new sector and 1 for moving I think, I approve of this idea (since it's not going to be enough to matter in the long run anyways), I approve.

Sufex, read the above post again and then respond.
What, you want something witty?
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

As most games don't go over 4000 sectors and by the time a player had the turns to scout every sector most players would be up to 50k exp its all good....And as alliances map together most people only make 900 exp off this....It does help newbies see a little exp at the start... most vets won't wast the turns ....
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Yes most vets save turns and buy then share maps. The ones that are not in an alliance joins password map and sit until they get the maps they want. No point in wasting your newbie turns scouting when you can use them trading without risk.

I have played many solo games, most games I join password maps. To be fair with everyone else that does join that alliance for maps. I use half of my newbie turns scouting but I always save the other half for my trading.

So would 1 or 2 exper points per sector change anything that I do? No! It doesn't really help any as far as getting a headstart. So do it or don't do it, it works out the same.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i agree with freon, i dont see how this idea will hurt smr. i just think it would defently be good for the newbies, becuase it will be a really easy way for htem to get exp doing "nothing"
ImageImage
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

It really wouldn't kick in for most new players, since NHA members have full maps a few days into the game.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

bump
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

bump
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i don't think bumping this helps the suggestion at all.