mines

canff
Beta Tester

mines

Post by canff »

No one should be able to just buy 1 shield and keep going in warps to hit 50 mines... we need mines to go through shields and into armor if there are not enough shields to stop them...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Let the mine damage rollover. Just like CD damage.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

I guess you guys dont like ikkies much eh? I am all for moving mines more into a weapon against ships then turns but that wont do much for it.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

i have played ik for 80 % of my games and have been playing or hmm 11 years now or more.. from all sm games.. so ya i do like iky....

This won't make any diff
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

You forgot that ikkies drones dont count for defense against mines. So an itac or MS that runs from a fight with 100-200 sheilds left and hits a 50, will most likely die even though they would be at least /9 or /13
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: mines

Post by Freon22 »

canff wrote:No one should be able to just buy 1 shield and keep going in warps to hit 50 mines...
Myself I don't care about Ik"Thorne handycap with mines, they have a big bonus with their 400 CDs and the 1000 shields. Also the Advanced Carrier with its 750 shields, 275 CDs and 2 HP is a killer ship.

I love to read to news and see one has died to forces. But thats not the point of canff thread, you should not be able to single shield a mine field. From what Sterling said this only works if the UNO is close enough to the warp to make it worthwhile. So its not a big problem unless your planet galaxy is close to a UNO. lol
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Re: mines

Post by Harry Krishna »

Freon22 wrote:So its not a big problem unless your planet galaxy is close to a UNO. lol
The basic strategy is to use a planet you just took within that galaxy that has at least one generator as the shield repository. You don't need an UNO.

It has been said before that single shield clearing as a tactic is only effective for big stacks. It's a waste of turns on small stacks or singles.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Your right HK, I forgot about the in galaxy planet use. It still doesn't change anything, to me single shield clearing is a loophole IMO. Its just not that big of a problem, but should be addressed in SMR 1.5 if mines are even going to be in 1.5.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Freon22 wrote:Your right HK, I forgot about the in galaxy planet use. It still doesn't change anything, to me single shield clearing is a loophole IMO. Its just not that big of a problem, but should be addressed in SMR 1.5 if mines are even going to be in 1.5.
They will be in, but I'm still considering some fixes/adjustments
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Thanks Azool, mine have been a problem and a good reworking of them would be good.