Safe in FED

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Safe in FED

Post by N.ator »

Fed is a very tricky thing sometimes. there are alot of ways for a person to not be protected by a fed. now how will a new player know why they arent protected in fed? they cant unless they ask somone that knows.

so what my seggestion is:

when a player goes in fed, newbie or vet. and they are NOT protected, next to the You are NOT under Federal Protection, underneath that or to the right of it, there should be a link saying How do i get safe in fed.

now with this side link,(How do i get safe in fed) it should be kept very nice and short right to the point, saying if you have any evil good, such as weapons, narcs, or slaves, you wont be safe, and have to sell or jettson them.

and then there should be a diagram of the alingment range and then the attack lvl you can have to be safe in fed.

i think having this will help teach new players more about feds and prevent alot of people form taking pods, when its not really there fault
ImageImage
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

It would be simpler to have a reason appear below the warning.

You are NOT under Federal protection.
Illegal goods in cargo containers.
Attack rating is over the legal limit.
that which pods you makes you stronger
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Harry Krishna wrote:It would be simpler to have a reason appear below the warning.

You are NOT under Federal protection.
Illegal goods in cargo containers.
Attack rating is over the legal limit.
yeah or just have that..

and then i think to the manual, we should add a fed chart of the alignment and attack rating you can have.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

bump
ImageImage
Prime Factor

Post by Prime Factor »

Hmmm... It's an interesting thought. Perhaps there should be links beside every indication of a problem as to how to rectify it. Where would you draw the line, though? A link beside your credits telling you how to increase them? A link beside your ship type telling you how to better your attack/defence rating? Maybe a button titled "retreat" when you get attacked? There has to be something to learn, otherwise the game would lose its appeal very rapidly.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Before you go all nuts with adding more explanations about why you're not currently safe, I would like to suggest that we get a checkbox in Preferences: "Yeah I get it. Please remove the red and yellow protection warnings from the upper right quadrant of my screen where I mostly look for attack warnings"?
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

also whatit hink we should do is when a newbie players joins a game. there should be a litle box that pops up on the screen, and can be moved around. and that would explain about what do first and give like almost steps to each newbie. and if you want it to be terminated. you can terminate it by clicking terminate.

i know tribal wars has somethign similar to this, and i think its a pretty good idea
ImageImage