Cloak

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Cloak

Post by N.ator »

just a very simple idea that would even out the cloak since the cloak is a little too powerful. what about making the player have to pay 1 or 2 turns to activate his or her cloak.
ImageImage
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

My idea for right now in 1.5 is that we give the cloak a cost of running. It would be similar to losing a turn every x hours (or minutes) that the cloak (or any tech) is on.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Space Gnat
Quiet One

Post by Space Gnat »

We can worry about things like that later. Why not focus on evening out the good : evil situation. Please see my post under "Going Good"
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Space Gnat wrote:We can worry about things like that later. Why not focus on evening out the good : evil situation. Please see my post under "Going Good"
Your post on that thread has nothing to do with cloak. It's just an imbalance between alignments. I don't see why you would have to promote it here.

On topic: I have been a favorite of changing cloak for a while so it won't be quite as powerful. My suggestion is a bit simpler though: Allow for same level to see through cloak. If you want to be invisible to all other players you'll have to be better than them and not just as good. Simple and makes sense.
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
Marathon_Freak
Quiet One

Post by Marathon_Freak »

Or if not the same level, then at the very least, if you have more experience then the person. This would prove helpful, especially as levels go up. As levels become farther and farther spread, it provides crucial advantage to dcs and dms, i.e. above level 35. Perhaps make it so that even if you are the same level, so long as you have 1 000 more exp, you can see through same level cloak.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

we shoudlnt make it all commplicated about 1000 more exp then you can see through cloak...i say simple as this. if you have more exp. then the oppenet you can see through cloak. just as simple as that.

and azool i like that suggestion. it would promot to not use your cloak or illusion as much as it is being used currently...
ImageImage
Marathon_Freak
Quiet One

Post by Marathon_Freak »

Yeah you're absolutely right. If you have 1 more experience point than it should see through. Also agreed about azools suggestion. I know that when I have cloak I often park in Fed with it. It would mean that you would have to think twice about how you use it. Would definitely help in keeping tabs on where the big hunters fed park as well.!
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

Azool wrote:My idea for right now in 1.5 is that we give the cloak a cost of running. It would be similar to losing a turn every x hours (or minutes) that the cloak (or any tech) is on.
now would that mean it would cost more turns an hour then your ship is getting normally? in other words, if you cloaked your ship in open space, would you run out of turns after a while and decloak?
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

i don't like the idea of having it on for a hour would cost a turn or something. What if you logged off with it on? What if you took it off after 59min? I like the idea of costing turn(s) to activate cloak. It should be a bigger # like 10 turns to activate. That way most a lot of cloaked ships might walk around without cloak just incase they hit mines or something. Cloak will be more foa thing you use if you must
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i say the cloak should be like a refresh thing. so like every 3 hours if you dont refresh it then it will have a 50 % chance of expiring in that 4th hour..

and i also like the idea f making it cost turns to activate yoru cloack..
ImageImage